How do you know?

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,134
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
How do you know that Mike's BD-2 is a Keeley mod?

I'm seriously thinking of buying one, just because I love the sound of the regular one, and with the mod it must be outstanding.

I'm also thinking of re-changing my pedal board to what I wanted

Right now I have:

<AMP>Traynor YCV40WR ---> Boss DD-3, Ibanez Ts9, Dunlop 535Q ---> Gibson SG Special and Fender Mex Fat Strat

I'm thinking of changing my pedal board to...

Boss DD-3, Boss BD-2, Dunlop Crybaby 535Q, Shannon Uniphase

I don't know if i like the sound of the Ts9...gives off too much feedback when played over my OD channel even at a low gain setting on the amp....the tone is a little too bright and when the tone knob is turned from 9.5 to 7 or lower it sounds like crap....yet it does give me Ed's tone for In My Tree from L@TG
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Keeley wrote it on his website.

Personally i think since Mike got the BD-2 his strat sounds too thin.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    Keeley wrote it on his website.

Personally i think since Mike got the BD-2 his strat sounds too thin.

could be the amp choice. The BD-2 actually fattens it up a bit especially with the bass boost, however like most other keeley pedals it does have significant high end, I always ran my KBD-2 just left of the mid point on the tone. It definately does not have the mid hump which on a bright amp can make a strat sound thinner. Generally though I found the KBD-2 provided tons of volume and it was very useable, almost up to a fuzz face at max gain and it cleans up well when it's rolled off. Should be outstanding with the power that HH has in his traynor as well as the fairly fat V30 speaker. If you can get it for in the 110 to 125 range it's an easy buy because you can easily get your money back on flea bay if it's too bright. You might take a look at the HAO soul pressure in the same price range.

Oh and for the record the Shannon Uniphase is fantastic.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.