So I tried out somethings today...

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I tried out somethings today that I NEVER thought I would be able too...

Its been a while since ive been to a guitar store and tried out many things, so I forgot how good certain things were.

The guitar I used the whole time was an SG '61 Reissue :D.
Since the guitar is too expensive for me, I'm thinking of putting '57 Classics in my SG now and then getting a SG Classic in a year or two. I think I may sell my Ibanez Artcore, I'm not sure yet.

Anyway...

I plugged into a Fender Deville...I forgot how nice these were...gives you a nice vintage fender OD sound and the clean was nice.

THEN!!

I saw a used Rivera Quiana 212 amp!! :D:D
GUESS the price....765$!!! Man, IF I had the money and was still looking for an amp, I would be playing it now while I am typing this. It is probably one of the top 3 amps I have ever touched or played. The overdrive was outstanding, and the clean was nice. Not as versitile as a Traynor but its neck and neck with which I like better. A cool thing about it was that on the OD there was no gain knob at all. You had to turn up the volume...not a big deal because you turned the master down and still got a high gain sound. Something I wish the Traynor had, a master volume knob.

Then I took a look behind me and there was a Mesa Lonestar Special...nice amp, not worth the 1250$ it was going for. Overdrive was nice, very dark sounding amp...Clean was supurb.

As I was leaving I took a look at what pedals they had, they had a used Fulltone Fat Boost...So I tried it with the Rivera....was very nice, not my type of pedal but very very nice.

I tried out the new tube series from Crate...really nice sounding amps for the price...used the 15 watt version, with the white cover. I may consider one for college.

I also tried the new Vox AC15 (the 15 watt version of the 30)...don't buy it...IMO it was crap, didn't sound like the AC30 at all.

Then the award for the worst amp of the day goes to the Marshall DSL40...wow did that suck, clean was good but the overdrive was horrible, way to gritty and twangy.

They also had a '57 Reissue Strat, beautiful guitar...feels great, sounded amazing, started playing Ledbetter on the Rivera (I think i used that amp for about an hour)...and some guy comes by and says i know how to play that too, great song...said yeah man

then i left

:)

good day
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    The guitar I used the whole time was an SG '61 Reissue :D.

Nice. My future axe. I went to GC today with my friend because he needed some supplies, but the place was way too crowded to try anything, especially the SG.
    I also tried the new Vox AC15 (the 15 watt version of the 30)...don't buy it...IMO it was crap, didn't sound like the AC30 at all.

That was the other thing I really wanted to try.
  • Anyway...

I plugged into a Fender Deville...I forgot how nice these were...gives you a nice vintage fender OD sound and the clean was nice.

Nice man!!

I played the Blues Deville Reissue the other day and it was phenominal!!!

It was $1055 CDN compared to the Hot Rod Deluxe which was $770.

I've been thinking alot lately about the Deluxe, but still haven't tried the Peavey's or your YCV40WR.

I was thinking that the Blues Deville Reissue might be a better "investment" than the Deluxe?? In the long run?? It's the tweed one, and the guy in the store said it would have a better re-sale value than the Deluxe, but he was a little sketchy.

In the end, I'm going to go with what sounds best to me, not the re-sale value :D...but what do you think?? Should that even be a factor??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Nice man!!

I played the Blues Deville Reissue the other day and it was phenominal!!!

It was $1055 CDN compared to the Hot Rod Deluxe which was $770.

I've been thinking alot lately about the Deluxe, but still haven't tried the Peavey's or your YCV40WR.

I was thinking that the Blues Deville Reissue might be a better "investment" than the Deluxe?? In the long run?? It's the tweed one, and the guy in the store said it would have a better re-sale value than the Deluxe, but he was a little sketchy.

In the end, I'm going to go with what sounds best to me, not the re-sale value :D...but what do you think?? Should that even be a factor??

lol if I were you I would fly to NY and get that Rivera...haha

I dont know if it should be a factor, I can see it being a factor if your spending 2000 or 3000...I would just do with what sounds good to you, the Devilles overdrive is still soso but its good.....again the only thing a Traynor is lacking is a Master Volume knob...something the Deville has
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore