Bands

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,134
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
what bands are you in? what is the name of the band? what is the genre? what do you play?

Monkey Spank (LOL we dont have a real band name yet) - Alternative/Rock, Lead Vocals/Back-Up Guitar

Lobotomy - Grunge/Punk Rock, Bass/Back-Up Vocals

Habit (my favorite band :D) - Classic Rock/Punk Rock, Lead Guitar/Lead Vocals
(for this band we are a modern led zeppelin band with a bit of a ramones sound)
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Currently I am in no bands... however, I am working to remedy that.

I have been in two bands:

seventy-eight. Lead singer/rhythm guitar... rock/punk rock...

The Ruckus. Lead singer/rhythm guitar... rock n roll covers

The new band will likely be a blend of covers and originals... with the originals having a Black Crowes/Rolling Stones kind of feel.

I would like to be named the Gunslingers.
    There's No Code.
  • PJfanaaronPJfanaaron Posts: 15
    I'm aaron. I'm a bassist. twenty eight now, started at age seventeen after hearing Ament's harmonic slide on 'evenflow' and watching the deceased Cliff Burton (metallica) on a vhs tape playing at the Stone (sf).

First band: 'Basement boys'. Calaveras county blues\rock. Ah high School bands, giving me a reason to live. Cream covers 'White room', 'sunshine of your love', we also did a decent version of 'black'. I think we had like four of five originals. Probably still one of the best experiences i've ever had in a band.

Second band: 'Euphoria' Vallejo rock metal. Not much to say. a real shit experience. I wans't included in the writing process. After that I sold my gear and did a LOT of drugs.

Now: Singularity. I haven't felt this good about doing music since the beginning. We all write and no one tells anyone elso how to play. Minimal covers, maximum originals. Straight up rock and roll. We do a pretty good cover of 'State of love and Trust' for a three piece. 'Indifference' too.

wide awake and he shakes in a panic
    never woke up alone ever before
    Had his woman long as he he can remember
    tries to forget but he can't he can't
    That's one more time around... and there is not a sound. . . he's lying dead, clutching benjamins never put the money down

He's stiffening. . . we're all whistling

A man we'll soon forget.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    I haven't been in a proper band for a couple of years but my old band was called Meconium. I was the bassist. Early on we played a lot of hard punk style kinda stuff. AS time went on we got a little bit softer, but not too much, then we kicked out our lead singer and our style suddenly changed dramatically. We started writing 7/8 minute instrumentals, kind of experimental I guess. Then we got a new singer, and then quickly broke up :(
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    I'm not in a band right now, but I might be joining one, that is just going to be a good rock band.

I've been in two bands, and I dont really miss either of them, so far my experience with bands has been pretty bad. I hope the next one will be better for me.

my first band was called Stuck in Drive, and I played lead guitar. it was a mixture of punk and screamo

my second one was called Hysteria, and I played rhythm guitar. it was a run of the mill hard rock band.
  • Two bands right now, but looking for one more.

ALIVE - Pearl Jam tribute, began playing out in March 2005.

Pepperboy - Hard rock originals and some covers. We put Pepperboy "on hiatus" until we got the ALIVE thing rolling. We've had so many requests to bring back Pepperboy, that we're going to sooner than we expected. In a couple months, we'll have the opportunity to "open" for ourselves, i.e. Pepperboy playing in support of ALIVE.

Also currently looking for one more all-original hard rock band to get involved with. Haven't had too much luck in finding anything worthwhile so far.
  • It's been a few years but I was in one, Myrtle's Falst Teeth. I have to admit we didn't do much. A 4th of July show in my hometown and a few benifets. I think we could have done a lot more. We were mostly a pop/rock band. We did a few covers. Bad Moon Rising and Brown Eyed Girl.
  • warehousewarehouse Posts: 124
    My band has been together a little over a year. We're influenced by Pearl Jam at least to the extent that they're probably the reason I decided to try and make music. Anyway, we're a rock band from Canada and you can check out a couple songs at http://www.myspace.com/warehouse
    Lying sideways atop crumpled sheets and no covers he decides to dream. Dream up a new self. For himself.

Montreal 2000
    Toronto 2003
    Montreal 2003
    Halifax 2005
    Hartford 2006
  • VacantVacant Posts: 50
    I sort of had a band together, but the bassist is an asshole and she never showed up for practice. I don't care if I've known her since I was 2, I'm done with her. We lost our drummer connection, and the bassist was our vocalist til we could get someone better. No name. The other guitar and I would switch off lead and rhythm to keep it fair, so we both shred.
    I'm in the works of putting a new band together.
    --Evenflow Psycho #0019--

Back after a 3 year personal hiatus!
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    hi im mark im 28 been in about 5/6 locals bands over the years but most recently used to be lead guitarist in a covers band playing pearl jam, aic, muse, radiohead etc covers but me the other guitarist (my best mate) and our drummer got fed up and bored of effectively being a backing band for our singers desire to be a kinda rock karaoke king so we done a runner and got a mate on board playing bass and have spent the last 1/2 a year writting our own material with my best mate (old guitarist) on vocals. We`re called blindfold garden and are based down here in cornwall in the UK. We had our first gig last week at a local battle of the bands kinda thing and got some really great feedback. People were shocked as to how professional and tight we were for our first gig :) Got some great feedback about our material (including a 10 minute pair of songs about zombie attacks which will soon become a trilogy haha) We`ve been described as a kind of snow patrol crossed with the cure and a singer with "lyrical rhythmic qualities" of the smiths :) got our second gig tomorrow supporting a local band that supported us last year in our old band so it`ll be nice to return the favour. Theres an amazing musical community down here in cornwall in the far south west of the uk. Just check out http://www.amplifeye.com a site run by a mate of mine designed mainly for local cornish bands to meet, work together and advertise/arrange gigs together :) i spend alot of time on the forums there. check us out on the site too: blindfold garden (the mp3 we got up is a pretty ropey recording though and seems to stream too slow haha)
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • venmosvenmos Posts: 29
    Im in a band called Asono. Play the guitar and do backing vocals! Been together for about 2-3 years. Check us out at http://www.myspace.com/asono
  • Played in the worst band in the world called Overdrive when I was 12-13.

I played in a band called Rightside Down from about 14-17. Rock covers. Alright band.

Played in a band called DLATM (only I get to know what that stands for) after Rightside down broke up until I moved away when I turned 18. We kicked ass. I got to play exclusively lead. So lots of VH and Mike inspired solos. Even got to do my own solo spot a few times.

I'm looking for a band in London right now. There's nothing worse for a guitar player than to have to play in their bedroom.
  • Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    me and a friend of mine are currently a musical duo. I'll be playing guitars and tambourine some bass and whatever else we decide needs to be played, and he'll be playing bass and harmonica and some guitar and other stuff. We also plan on using shakers. We are doing something different and doing it without a drummer. should be interesting if it all goes well. We might make it into a full band eventually, but right now we like the idea of being a duo.
  • i am in one official band breakerfall (see http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj ;))

weve been together for a while, almost 2 yrs now..
    still not really doin much, just writting songs really, hoping to start gigging in the next few months, if we can find anywhere in adelaide that plays original live music thats not punk/hardcore....

also doing some work with a singer who is using me and a few mates as a back up band which is looking interesting, not really my style but its still good fun.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • You could say im in a band. we just go jammin a lot. Were called Asphex. we do metallica pearl jam and nirvana mainly, i play lead guitar and im the only one in the band with a proper setup. I got a crate stack and a les paul, everyone else has 10 watt amps and our drummer has a kit he got for free, In about 2-3 months the drummer is gettin a pearl kit and the bassist and guitarist are buying new equipment so it should be a lot better.