Options

TC - Announce the Tour Dates Already!!!

Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
edited March 2008 in The Porch
I need to plan my summer (like many others)....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Ive been thinking that for the past week..

Im getting nervous! Surely roo and ed solo dates are not all that is in store this summer :)
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    Red Lukin wrote:

give it another month or so before we hear anything from the 10C, although of course i'm hoping official word comes sooner :)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:

maybe nothing is set in stone so they dont want to announce a bunch of dates and then have you all book flights and be like oh sorry those dates were tentative but you wanted dates , now were changing them which would just lead to even more bitching
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    maybe nothing is set in stone so they dont want to announce a bunch of dates and then have you all book flights and be like oh sorry those dates were tentative but you wanted dates , now were changing them which would just lead to even more bitching

it's always stone's fault...;) :D
  • Options
    Red Lukin wrote:
    What about studio...I'd prefer they put out some new material and tour next year or later this fall. But then again, I'm already going to LA to see EV and BFE to see PJ at Roo.
  • Options
    cutback wrote:
    it's always stone's fault...;) :D

yeah... yeah it was stone...
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    yeah... yeah it was stone...

grrrrrr, stop it stone...

we will forgive you if you come on here personally and announce a tour.. ;)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    If there is a tour, my prediction is they will play a string of a dozen shows in the South (New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, Florida, North Carolina) and drop by the strong Northeast fan bases of Philly, Boston and New York. And the shows might not happen until September, a la 2005 in Canada.

After going back to Europe for a dozen dates last year, I wouldn't expect much more than 20 dates this year. The band's going to get working on the next record. Hopefully, it'll come out early next year, and I'd expect a 70-date U.S. tour then (no Europe, no Australia but maybe a couple of dates in Canada).
  • Options

lmao :D
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    If there is a tour, my prediction is they will play a string of a dozen shows in the South (New Orleans, Atlanta, Houston, Florida, North Carolina) and drop by the strong Northeast fan bases of Philly, Boston and New York. And the shows might not happen until September, a la 2005 in Canada.

After going back to Europe for a dozen dates last year, I wouldn't expect much more than 20 dates this year. The band's going to get working on the next record. Hopefully, it'll come out early next year, and I'd expect a 70-date U.S. tour then (no Europe, no Australia but maybe a couple of dates in Canada).

well i agree with the first part of what youre saying i think the second part is a stretch, i doubt they do 20 shows this year id say 10-12 maybe 15 at the most and 70+ next year ???!!!??? no way the 05/06/07 tour was the last of this magnitude i think for them and even then if they do a tour that large theres no way aus and europe are left out.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    well i agree with the first part of what youre saying i think the second part is a stretch, i doubt they do 20 shows this year id say 10-12 maybe 15 at the most and 70+ next year ???!!!??? no way the 05/06/07 tour was the last of this magnitude i think for them and even then if they do a tour that large theres no way aus and europe are left out.

They toured Europe in 1992, 1996, 2000, 2006 and 2007. Australia: 1995, 1998, 2003 and 2006. I can't see PJ going back again to such faraway lands so soon. I think the first (of two???) tour supporting the ninth record will stick almost entirely to the United States, just like the 2003 tour.
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427

lol, magine? wait do you mean a pearl jam tour, or his stones new side bands tour
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    How many years are you going to leave that quote with the incorrect date as your signature? Or are you quoting a specific time that you watched the dvd in 2004?
    possomists wrote:
    lol, magine? wait do you mean a pearl jam tour, or his stones new side bands tour
  • Options
    mensanemensane Posts: 912
    Red Lukin wrote:

you must belong to a different ten club than i do. the one i belong to NEVER takes their members' lives into consideration when making announcements.
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    mensane wrote:
    you must belong to a different ten club than i do. the one i belong to NEVER takes their members' lives into consideration when making announcements.

Hahaha. So true.