Fender Amps

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,134
edited August 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Few things here...

has anyone seen this? i just saw it today for the first time, its basicly the 65 reissue but new color
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/481131/

why dont some fender amps have Mids? its really annoying in some ways, thats where you can change your tone drasticly...

by the way i saw a Concert Reverb for 700$ on ebay (im watching that :) ) and a deluxe reverb for 300$ ( im watching and i bid on that :) )
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    has anyone seen this? i just saw it today for the first time, its basicly the 65 reissue but new color

Fender (and many other amp mfg's) have put out special limited-run amp finishes, so this doesn't surprise me. It's mostly for fanatics, collectors, and the doctor-and-lawyer sect. Although a few will end up in the hands of actual players who just want something with a different look.
    why dont some fender amps have Mids? its really annoying in some ways, thats where you can change your tone drasticly...

Those amps have a fixed mid point. The idea is that you adjust your bass and treble around that mid point, like the mid is set permanently at half-way. I have an older Fender amp with just a single Tone control, and my Vibro Champ has Bass and Treble, no Mid. It's easy to get around, once you get used to it. But I agree, especially with Fender amps, the mids are where it's at.

Good luck on the amp(s) you're watching...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • i get a very nice boost from the mid in my fender.

tis one of the things i love about it.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"