Got Awared 1st Place

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Yesterday was our school Variety Show (talent show, i guess you would call it)

and our school holds about 1700 kids, and there was about 1400 there...and we played Last Kiss...honestly not to be cocky or anything but i felt like a rock star cuz again to be honest everyone in school loves us (me and this kid joel) and we had to wait literally 2 minutes for people to stop cheering and then when i sang the first line of Oh Where Oh Where...everyone went nuts and everyone sang along, it felt so great, i was smiling the whole time while singing...

the whole auditorium was singing and clapping to the song...and the ending i cant sing...the OOOOOOOOOH part...so i just said LETS GO and everyone did it

it was so sweet...right after that we went into a Bring It On Home into Voodoo Child instrumental for about a minute or 2

today on our school announcements they played a video of our performance as well as 2 other acts...and they awarded us with 1st place :)

im so happy :)

my amp handeled great, the tone i got out of it was amazing, i got to crank it to about 7, tiny bit of gain...it was heaven :)
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• That is so awesome. That brings me back to my highschool variety show. Did it two years in a row and won both times! It's quite a feeling isn't it?

You really had a good turn out! I had about 900 at mine.

My advice to you is to keep the wave going. If people know who you guys are, and know that you rock, I suggest throwing together some more songs and see if your school will let you play at other events, or at lunch in the cafeteria. Keep it goin Man!

I want to see the video!
  • I am truly happy for you,

I can imagine what it would be like.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • That's awesome man!!

Nobody likes the same tunes as me at school....I've always wished I could do that.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    There is truely no substance that gives you that feeling of making an auditorium of people happy Congrats. I would have loved to hear Bring it on Home into Voodoo Chile
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Man i wish we did that at my school.

that's awesome :cool: :cool:
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • That's awesome man!!

Nobody likes the same tunes as me at school....I've always wished I could do that.

Nobody in my school likes Pearl Jam either. But since the song is so popular everyone knew it, so it was great.

Yeah BIOH into VC was nuts...during VC, joel and i made it a "guitar battle"...it was pretty sweet

last year we did RITFW, so people know who we were....our school is so strict so i doubt we will be able to do something in the cafeteria, lol

im going to try to get the video, if not i think someone recorded an audio of it, but shitty quality, ill try to get it
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • My band plays Bring it on Home and the riff before the verse is intense. Probably my favourite part of any song we play. How do you play the verse riffs? I tend to use a lot of well controlled open chording.
  • My band plays Bring it on Home and the riff before the verse is intense. Probably my favourite part of any song we play. How do you play the verse riffs? I tend to use a lot of well controlled open chording.

open A hameron to B (2)
    open D hameron to E (2)
    open E
    hit B on G string (4)
    hit A on G string (2) and pulloff on G# (1) a couple times
    and hit E on D string (2)

we play it pretty good...one of us has the tone setting on the guitar down to 0 and on clean to play the intro...the other goes into the verse riff and we play it like the song but then instead of how the outro goes...like really slow....we do the intro but with distortion and a little bit faster