Look What I Added!!

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LOL.....thats so weird

how do you like it?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i don't have it yet. probably mid-next week. i'm hopeful though.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    wow, two guys get the same nice price, congrats to the both of you, now be prepared, there are a ton of trimmers on that thing including internals, you might have to do a lot of tweaking to get the sound right. It should be an excellent #2 in that you can use it by yourself but it might sound even better stacked with a TS9 or one of the BD2's.

I really want a fulldrive.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
    Pacomc79 wrote:

i think i'm going to snag an OCD at some point. something more transparent than the diamond drive. i miss that aspect of the keeley BD-2.

so a keeley or an OCD, whichever pops up first at a decent price.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    wow, two guys get the same nice price, congrats to the both of you, now be prepared, there are a ton of trimmers on that thing including internals, you might have to do a lot of tweaking to get the sound right. It should be an excellent #2 in that you can use it by yourself but it might sound even better stacked with a TS9 or one of the BD2's.

I got the Distortion Pro because the Fulldrive sounds (from the clips) almost exactly like my amps overdrive

I am going to try a bunch of different things with it, find a sound by playing with the settings...use it with the bd-2, and use different settings on that, and see how it works with my amps overdrive...
    all these ways i will use either the BD-2/Amp OD as my main Distortion and use the DP to boost it, and do the opposite (DP = main) and see what happens, I am really excited

I still have that BD-2 thats just sitting in a box if anyone wants to snag it
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I still have that BD-2 thats just sitting in a box if anyone wants to snag it

How much are you looking to get for it?

so, did you get yours yet? mine arrived today. i'm pretty impressed thus far. i haven't had a nice rich distortion in a long, long time.

i had to turn down the internal gain a bit to get a more usable range on it but it's very nice.

we'll see how it goes after my ears get used to it. i tend to love anything new at first.
  • exhausted wrote:
    so, did you get yours yet? mine arrived today. i'm pretty impressed thus far. i haven't had a nice rich distortion in a long, long time.

i had to turn down the internal gain a bit to get a more usable range on it but it's very nice.

we'll see how it goes after my ears get used to it. i tend to love anything new at first.

didnt get mine yet, the guy just recieved my payment today, so im hoping for it friday or saturday, depending on how he ships it (is there mail on monday)

im the same way, i love something at first, hate it, and then like it....then i decide whether it stays or goes...im quite excited because it doesnt look like its an ordinary od/dist box, theres a knob thats supposed to make it sound more tube or not as tube....which is pretty cool feature

was yours brand new? if not the person that had it could have turned the internal gain up a little bit....thats what may happen with me too or it could be too low for my liking...is it just a knob on the inside?

does it work well over a dirty amp?
    mine is march 05. the guy tweaked the internals. it was the first thing i checked but wasn't a big deal.

the pedal is mint though. even if i decide to flip it at some point, i'll get my money back easily. i haven't had a good distortion up til now though so i think i'll have it for a long time. makes the sd9 i tried sound like a toy.

http://fulltone.com/user_manuals/DP-1manual.PDF
    explains the trims well. i'll just confuse you since i just dived into it blindly.

the original positions are marked by fulltone.

so much tweaking is available. i found a setting i loved through my fender but didn't like through my orange. a few tweaks on those 4 little pots on the outside and i had something great for the orange too.

in a nutshell, the 4 pots initially feel like bass response, mid response, hi response and the saturation is the tubey sounding thing. i just dimed it right away.

i run both my amps right at break up without effects and the pedal worked fine. i still need to do some experimenting with layering it with another gain pedal.
  • i just got mine today

i am pretty pissed off though, i havent even plugged it in and i spend 12$ to ship and it cost his 4.15$
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    i just got mine today

i am pretty pissed off though, i havent even plugged it in and i spend 12$ to ship and it cost his 4.15$

he may have had to pack and ship as well though, you have to add the packing too. That's just post.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    he may have had to pack and ship as well though, you have to add the packing too. That's just post.

nah its his packaging

anyway

i have mixed feelings....this pedal does NOT work well with my amps overdrive at all!!! By itself its very rich...with a BD-2 its a nice sound

a lot of distortion though this pedal has, and i find that it can get either very trebly or very mid-y

i turned down some of the gain in the back panel

i find that it is a very loud pedal, distortion is very extremly SMOOTH

im going to play around with it a bit more
  • sounds better on the strat than sg

gives off a lot of feedback too
    i love mine.

through the fender with a strat it's smooth and cool on the neck pickup for nice leads. roll the tone off and i can get a great, dark fuzz. crunchier on the mid pickup for rhythms etc.

with an SG it's more of the same but ballsier with the higher output pickups.

through my orange, with the same settings, it's brighter and gravelly. in a good way. that's pretty much how the orange handles all drives and distortions. great for raunchier rhythm stuff primarily. but again, i can adjust the pedal's EQ and get very close to the type of stuff i was getting through the fender.

i run a rust booster (cleanish boost) to create the equivalent of an overdrive channel for my amps. i've never found an amp with an overdrive channel i liked which is why i only use single channel amps that saturate nicely. the rust booster is nice and transparent with some hair and pushes the amps into drive. anyway, running the fulltone into that booster works very nicely. just bumps the volume slightly and gives some more sustain.

i also have a diamond drive on there that serves as the closest thing to a tubescreamer i'll use. it's darker, like a bassmanish kind of thing. there's no point in layering it with the fulltone as ithey are two totally different sounds that don't mix well. that's why is works well with your BD-2. the BD-2 is more transparent. i have a dynacomp in front of all these gains for more drive if needed but usually i use the comp for clean sounds.

tour of pedalboard later once my vox mccoy arrives. that's the last piece of the puzzle.

i dig the fulltone. all sorts of sounds in it even just from the guitar's tone and volume. my phaser is at the front of my chain and i can get great vibey/tremolo sounds running it into the fulltone with my guitar's volume rolled off.

the biggest thing for me is all the EQ flexibility. no wonder david gilmour ran equalizers around each of his gains. one tone knob just doesn't cut it.