Just Got Back

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,134
edited September 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Saw the gorge and vancouver (traveled from NY)...i wont say anything show wise except that the gorge fucking kicked serious ass, best pj show they ever did

anyway

i do not like Ed's tone this tour at all, its too trebly and twangy...
stone is using a 50s telecaster for even flow and other songs as well....he is using different guitar for different songs, i noticed hes using a les paul instead of a tele for Save You
mikes tone sounds great, i love it
seems like Mike and Ed are using Gretsch's now, although mike has used them, eddie has 2, he has a black and white one and then he used a red and white one for vancouver that he didnt use for the gorge....i dont know what guitar it was though, sorry
stone's peavy amps do make a difference in his tone, he sounds more trebly and bright, i dunno if i like it....but at the time i didnt care about how their tones were, i was just sweating and going crazy :D

anyway i got back an hour ago and what is waiting for me? MY TEAL SG!! :D
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• are you sure Ed's guitars aren't Rickenbackers?
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • are you sure Ed's guitars aren't Rickenbackers?

it couldnt be, i honestly dont know...i only assumed they were Gretsch's because the fretboard looked like one...

he still has 2 fender tele's he uses
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • i do not like Ed's tone this tour at all, its too trebly and twangy...

I haven't heard Vancouver yet, but i totally agree! before the first electric encore it was kinda allright but after it was like there was a second bass playing.
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~
  • I haven't heard Vancouver yet, but i totally agree! before the first electric encore it was kinda allright but after it was like there was a second bass playing.

you have to hear Lukin from Vancouver...i mean i didnt care about their tone at all at the show because iw as fuckin going crazy but im listening to the boot, its like hard to listen to, lol
  • you have to hear Lukin from Vancouver...i mean i didnt care about their tone at all at the show because iw as fuckin going crazy but im listening to the boot, its like hard to listen to, lol

that bad huh? that kinda suck though for the people who care about tone and buy the boot lol.
    ~It is better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not - ?~

~You laugh because I am different, I laugh because you are all the fucking same -?~

~Education is the most powerfull weapon you can use to change the world - Nelson Mandela~