Got A Job

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I got a new job so I'm breaking out the savings and getting some stuff I need...

THD Hot Plate
Menatone Red Snapper/Dirty Blonde
DAM 1966
BJF Baby Blue or Pink Purple Fuzz

:D

Not all but hopefully after xmas I will have them all :D

Right now I'm really looking at getting the Hot Plate and one of the Menatone pedals. Plus I just got my tubes ordered so hopefully this will all work out :)

Then my savings start for a nice new amp with a A/B box or maybe put the amp in Virginia as well as a new guitar :D...a guitar with p-90s or I may just sell my strat and put it towards the deluxe strat :)
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Nice!!

Did you get the job at the Guitar Store??
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Nice!!

Did you get the job at the Guitar Store??

Nah, they said business was slow for them and they couldn't afford to hire anyone, which bothered me because....why the interview?

I got a job working at starbucks :D...$8.25 an hour plus tips (if any!! haha)...and then once I learn how to do the drinks I can get around $10. Which is good for me, I've been working $7 an hour jobs for the past 2 years. I'm going to be working 25 hours a week...so I'll come out a little over 200 a week before taxes.

I loaned my mother about $1500 2 years ago and she gave me half of it back this past week so that's another thing I can use :D

I can't wait til I get the new gear...the last piece of my setup was the OCD and that was about 4 or 5 months ago :eek:
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    Sweet. I got a job last week too--$9.00/hr doing maintenence. Can't afford guitar stuff though, going to Europe in a week and a half!!
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
  • Congrats on the job.

Be fortunate that you don't have to pay rent, gas, phone, internet, hydro etc. yet. Use that money for gear while you still have it! :)

I'm happy I have a decent paying summer job, especially for a student. It lets me splurge every now and again. I think I'm done with electric gear for a while though. I think if anything I'd like to get a nice acoustic one of these days. Mine sucks, and I hardly play out anymore, so the electric stuff is more a hobby right now.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    "I explore, I follow every little whiff
    And I want my life to smell like this..."

:D
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I need money, because I want a twin.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Congrats on the job.

Be fortunate that you don't have to pay rent, gas, phone, internet, hydro etc. yet. Use that money for gear while you still have it! :)

I'm happy I have a decent paying summer job, especially for a student. It lets me splurge every now and again. I think I'm done with electric gear for a while though. I think if anything I'd like to get a nice acoustic one of these days. Mine sucks, and I hardly play out anymore, so the electric stuff is more a hobby right now.
    oh but you are wrong :)

i DO pay for my gas, cell phone, and the $45 a month for the internet...as well as my car insurance...but still...i was making about $105 a week now its up to $200...:D pretty soon i will be in the same boat as you with college and stuff...just 9 more months :)
  • ...the last piece of my setup was the OCD

I heard sound clips of the OCD and it was awesome!!

I'm workin' at a golf course again this summer, this is my 3rd summer there and it pays decent....$8.00/hr. And I picked up a job at Subway last winter so I wasn't without one when the course was closed and I still work there once a week :)

I've been super busy with baseball this summer but still manage to work about 4 shifts a week :)

I still need an amp :o

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    i wish i could cut the gain on my OCD to about 1/3 of what it's got. :( i never go over 9 o'clock with it and it's so touchy at the lower end of the gain range.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    I work at the grocery store for $6.15 an hour at about 25 hours a week. Pay is pretty bad, and the job is monotonous, but at least I'm getting money in my pocket. I shouldn't complain.

But life needs indulgence sometimes. Get the gear you want... we don't live forever.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I'm sorry... totally unrelated... but whenever I read the title of your thread on the index I want to go...

"got a job... got some gas... let's get out of here, get out of here fast..."

:p
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • DOSW wrote:
    Get the gear you want... we don't live forever.

A wise-quote that all M&G 'ers should live by :)

.NJD.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    A wise-quote that all M&G 'ers should live by :)

Exactly!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • exhausted wrote:
    i wish i could cut the gain on my OCD to about 1/3 of what it's got. :( i never go over 9 o'clock with it and it's so touchy at the lower end of the gain range.

do you play it over any other drive? like another pedal or the drive of the amp, or breakup of the amp?

usually at low volumes I have the tone at about 1 oclock and the gain around 2 oclock but at a nice volume the tone is down to about 10 oclock with the gain around 12 oclock...but the sound at around 9 oclock is a nice overdrive sound :)

it is a great pedal though, I may get rid of it just to get some cash flowing too because the sound of my SG through my amp at a nice volume is fuckin spectacular!!
  • meme wrote:
    I'm sorry... totally unrelated... but whenever I read the title of your thread on the index I want to go...

"got a job... got some gas... let's get out of here, get out of here fast..."

:p

i thought it was " got a car......." no?
    do you play it over any other drive? like another pedal or the drive of the amp, or breakup of the amp?

usually at low volumes I have the tone at about 1 oclock and the gain around 2 oclock but at a nice volume the tone is down to about 10 oclock with the gain around 12 oclock...but the sound at around 9 oclock is a nice overdrive sound :)

it is a great pedal though, I may get rid of it just to get some cash flowing too because the sound of my SG through my amp at a nice volume is fuckin spectacular!!

well, my amp (or pod as the case may be) runs right at the end of breakup so the OCD, with the gain way down and the volume at about noon pushes it nicely if not a little brightly. i run the tone about 10-11 o'oclock.

right now, i'm liking it better with humbuckers but i'm heavily into my SGs right now so i like everything with humbuckers.
  • exhausted wrote:
    well, my amp (or pod as the case may be) runs right at the end of breakup so the OCD, with the gain way down and the volume at about noon pushes it nicely if not a little brightly. i run the tone about 10-11 o'oclock.

right now, i'm liking it better with humbuckers but i'm heavily into my SGs right now so i like everything with humbuckers.

Yeah that could be the reason. I noticed that running the OCD over any type of breakup, even if its minimal, adds more gain (obviously) but more than you would think...but its not huge.

And yes, I love the it with the SG. I run my SG through the OCD for higher gain stuff and my SG through my amps overdrive for mild overdrive. Then I run my strat through the BD-2.
    i'm finding it sounds too think with my strat, at least through the pod, so i use a clean boost with that guitar and it works out ok.

but even into a dead clean tone, i just find the OCD has way too much gain for my tastes.

unfortunately, at this point, i don't even have a remote of idea of what to try next without getting into the mythical tim/timmy/zendrive/bjfe field which i'd really rather not bother with.

i may just go back to the BD-2.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    exhausted wrote:
    i'm finding it sounds too think with my strat, at least through the pod, so i use a clean boost with that guitar and it works out ok.

but even into a dead clean tone, i just find the OCD has way too much gain for my tastes.

unfortunately, at this point, i don't even have a remote of idea of what to try next without getting into the mythical tim/timmy/zendrive/bjfe field which i'd really rather not bother with.

i may just go back to the BD-2.

You may want to give the Greedtone a shot. I find it can go from very light OD to very harsh distortion, all with the turn of a knob and flick of the switch. Great pedal.