Opinion?

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,134
edited November 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
We have a variety show coming up in febuary and the sign ups are next week, and we have to give the song we are doing...then present it in december and again in january to show it is appropriate

last year we did RITFW

this year my friend Joel actually wants to do Last Kiss, i never mentioned PJ or anything to him, he just said that...i said what version? he said Pearl Jam's version

It is going to be me on clean electric and singing...and him on acoustic electric...and some drummer giving the beat (since its so simple)

so today we are on the phone and we are playing the chords to it....and this came up

it goes
G > Em > C > D

sounds exactly the same...but then Joel played A by mistake instead of Em...and that sounded great as well
Joel also thought that if i add a tiny bit of OD to my guitar that we can both do chords and forget the lead...

what do you think?
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AliAli Posts: 2,621
    Go for some G&R....

G/C/D/C...;)
    A whisper and a thrill
    A whisper and a chill
    adv2005

"Why do I bother?"
    The 11th Commandment.
    "Whatever"

PETITION TO STOP THE BAN OF SMOKING IN BARS IN THE UNITED STATES....Anyone?
  • Go with the flow, make the song your own. Nobody says you have to stick to the original, which isn't even an original in te first place. If the A sounds good and everybody's up for it, go with it! Ed does that all the time: the chords to Hide your love away are nowhere near the original Beatles version.