Nothingman

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
F Chord

which one you think it is? i cant tell

F on the D string or F on the low E?
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    F Chord

which one you think it is? i cant tell

F on the D string or F on the low E?

I've always thought it was an open F, at least thats what it sounds like to me when I hit an F like that.

E 1
    B 1
    G 2
    D 3
    A X
    E X
  • isn't there some weird configuration with an altered tuning and a capo on the fifth fret?

i remember the chord looking like an amin kind of,...

i dunno,... it's been a while since i've played it,... nevermind me :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • i play it in standard tuning with a capo on the 5th fret. So the beginning F chord is played like you would play a C chord normally.

transcribe from there.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • You can play it with standard tuning with a capo at the 5th, but I learned it with the hi-E detuned to a C. With the capo at the 5th, your F chord becomes an open-C chord (play an open-C chord above the capo, and it's an F).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.