Europe Tour Tone

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited August 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm not one to start threads about PJ's tone on here (although I reply to most of them ;) )

But this Europe leg, their tone is fuckin amazing. Stone for sure, more overdrive/distortion to his sound, deffinantly fills the sound more. Mike's tone is just like "WTF?"...goes from bluesy overdriven reverb to punk overdrive Comatose to just his regular gorgeous overdrive. I don't know much about bass but Jeff's tone sounds fuckin great!!

I'm basing this on the Reading webcast that I keep watching :) and good quality video's I have been seeing as well from Dublin.

Ed's tone is still bothering me but this isn't to bash anyone's tone so lets keep Ed out of tihs ;)

I think Stone's overdrive tone is mainly coming from the 74x for sure, it's extremly noticeable during Once from the webcast. He's changing his guitars too, the new strat that was mentioned on this forum before sounds fuckin great, the black LP he has during Alive sounds gorgeous :D.

Anyone notice Mike tried playing his maple fretboard strat instead of his 59. And right after the solo and during Matt's solo he switched back...I kind of enjoyed the sound of the other strat better but whatever they both sound amazing! It's funny though because it's the same amps just sound totally different...well...atleast to me :)
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Have to agree there! It was sounding amazing! Stone's was a big improvement in my opinion. Especially at Leed's! Stone was amazing.. he was shredding away during Not for You!!! Top stuff.
    [Kitchener 05 - London 05 - Hamilton 05 - Toronto 05 - Astoria 06 - Dublin 06 - Leeds 06 - Reading 06 - Wembley 07] -- I think I've had enough ....
  • the webcast isn't Basecamp, case in point! I think live the music sounds fuller, basecamp is pumping these bootlegs out with....not alot of care, its a great deed, but it just doesnt satisfy the band's tonal standards. Whatever TV crew reading/leeds fest hired really knows how to make rock sound like rock, not ear bashing tele sounds. thumbs up to the europeans, and unfortunately, basecamp does not get my stamp of aproval. Notice the 92 pinkpop cast you can DL or watch, that tone there is amazing too!

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19