Next OD/Dist Pedal?

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited October 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Right now I got a OCD (for my SG) and a BD-2 (for my strat)...

I'm looking into getting a few to experiment with, here's my list, all are within the same price range, not the price of a BJF unffortunately :(

Fulltone Soul Bender
Fulltone '69
Menatone Red Snapper
Menatone Dirty Blonde
Menatone Blue Collar
Marshall Gov'nor
Marshall BluesBreaker

I'm also looking into getting a flange or vibe unit. The vibe pedal will most likely be a Lovepedal Magicboy because it is the most affordable vibe pedal. The flanger I don't know yet...

When I eventually get my Deluxe Ash Strat, I think I may send my BD-2 into Keeley
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• All right, some good OD/Distortion pedals for ya-Boss DS-1 distortion-very famous pedal and was my first. I got i tbecause Kurt Cobain used it but quickley fell inlove with it. Great distortion. As for overdrive, i have an Ibanez TS-5 Tube screamer but I would suggest a TS-9. As for vibe and flange, I like the DOD ice-box chorus. The danelectro Milkshake chorus gives the exact same effect at Mike's vibe when played with od/distortion. For the flange, I JUST bought an Ibanez FL-9 flanger and it's amazing. Good luck!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    Greedtone.

I also sent my BD-2 into Keeley, and very pleased with the results. Just got a TS9 off eBay that I plan to do the same with.
  • Right now I got a OCD (for my SG) and a BD-2 (for my strat)...

I'm looking into getting a few to experiment with, here's my list, all are within the same price range, not the price of a BJF unffortunately :(

Fulltone Soul Bender
    Fulltone '69
    Menatone Red Snapper
    Menatone Dirty Blonde
    Menatone Blue Collar
    Marshall Gov'nor
    Marshall BluesBreaker

I'm also looking into getting a flange or vibe unit. The vibe pedal will most likely be a Lovepedal Magicboy because it is the most affordable vibe pedal. The flanger I don't know yet...

When I eventually get my Deluxe Ash Strat, I think I may send my BD-2 into Keeley

A Hem, may I suggest the Fulltone '69. That thing is bad a$$. Even when it seems to much, you kick in the OCD to help smooth it out. If you can get a made in england gov'nor those are descent, but still not that full tone '69 fuzz. But its too different worlds. Get the fuzz, between that and the OCD you need nothing else!
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • ezyrydrezyrydr Posts: 55
    i've got a Fulltone '69 and i'm very pleased. you can just roll your guitar's volume knob back a bit and it cleans right up or you can make it just a little crunchy or all out hendrix fuzz
  • Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive is a very good pedal.

I don't know how heavy you want the OD/disto tone, but the DOD 250 is a great pedals for mild-to-middling.............It's also very inexpensive, I got mine for about $40.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I played a Guv'nor and didn't like it. My DS-1 has never failed me. Don't you use the overdrive on your amp?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • I played a Guv'nor and didn't like it. My DS-1 has never failed me. Don't you use the overdrive on your amp?

I hate that DS-1 and DS-2 line, I had both and hated them once I got my tube amp. The TS-9 I wasn't pleased with at all, overrated in my opinion...had no crunch to it.

As for the OD on my amp, I only use it when I'm at a pretty loud volume like around 5, but I haven't put my amp on 5 in about 3 weeks, and when I do that I put the gain around 4 or 5 for a dark light od sound, or then onto 7 and kick on the boost for some sick overdrive.

the Red Snapper and Dirty Blonde I'm interested into most

Moster...I would love a Greedtone actually...I didn't even think about that, can you send me clips of it, I know we have the same guitar so I'm interested to see how good it is with it. When you sent in the BD-2, was the pedal louder in volume? cleaner? I want to know the truths to the myths of the keeley bd2
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    The Boss BD-2 Blues Driver is a great pedal.
    Cheers . . .

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Subdecay Liquid Sunshine is a great OD. Mighty affordable for a hand-built pedal, too.