how much would this hurt?

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited July 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
at the 2nd Gorge show (check out my fanview thread in given to fly and the porch) Mike was going fuckin nuts during Even Flow. It was crazy....

So then he fell and kept playing and kept going into his amps and cabinets....well at one point his 2 marshall 4x12's and his 2 fender tweeds(?) rocked back and forth and were SOOOOOOOO close to falling right on top of him as he was on the ground infront of them...

so my question is...

if they did fall on him, would he be seriously hurt...now lets evaluate this...

now I'm giving an educated guess...

55lb fender tweeds x2 = 110lbs
110lb marshall cabs x2 = 220lbs

330lbs falling right ontop of you while its 102 degrees outside and while the amps are hot from being played...

hmmm ;)
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I think it would hurt more if something bad happened to the Strat.
  • UNDONE*21UNDONE*21 Posts: 207
    pics?
    Like a cloud dropping rain, I'm discarding allllll thought.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    I had my Traynor fall off a 1960B cab onto me, and yeah, it fucking hurt.

That fucker weighs like 70 pounds. :mad:
  • moster78 wrote:

thats what i said to the guy infront of me...

he was like..."close one"... i said...Mike would give up his body for that guitar...

ok so 70pounds fell onto you, and that hurt, now times that by 4.5 and now you got what Mike could have had...death...ha

actually, thats not funny
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
    thats what i said to the guy infront of me...

he was like..."close one"... i said...Mike would give up his body for that guitar...

ok so 70pounds fell onto you, and that hurt, now times that by 4.5 and now you got what Mike could have had...death...ha

actually, thats not funny

Yeah, during the second Jersey show when Ed had Mike up on his shoulders during Leash all I could think was, please don't fall and break a bone or a guitar!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I know a guy who was sitting on the edge of the stage playing bass and fell... He somehow turned around, sacrificed the body, and saved the bass.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    I know a guy who was sitting on the edge of the stage playing bass and fell... He somehow turned around, sacrificed the body, and saved the bass.

I've had some bad guitar incidents.

Once I was playing at a small club, and I did a quick windmill, when my hand hit a loose speaker cable, just about pulling a speaker all the way down. Almost took off the headstock of my Les Paul.

Then there was the time we tossed the Les Paul at my Traynor. I quickly learned that the Traynor has a steel grill protecting the speakers. :eek:

My new strat already has dings wear from rocking out.

This is exactly why I can never have an expensive guitar. I like mine to be players, not show pieces. :(
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I had a full stack fall over on me once. It hurts, but not as bad as getting hit in the head with an amp.
    enharmonic wrote:
    I had a full stack fall over on me once. It hurts, but not as bad as getting hit in the head with an amp.

OR a headstock in the eye. ;)

Especially one of these:

http://www.woodbrass.com/images/woodbrass/B.C.RICH+WARLOCK+TETE+WIDOW.JPG

Or god forbid:

http://www.carverdoug.com/1.jpg/wang/wang.7.jpg
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

I HATE B.C. RICHES!!!!!!!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Think about it. 20 lbs falling a few feet on you would hurt. Shoot 10 lbs would.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
    I HATE B.C. RICHES!!!!!!!

My roommate swapped guitars with a co-worker, he had some Les Paul knock-off and switched for a BC Rich Warlock with a Widow headstock, and a Floyd Rose. Guitar is ugly as sin and we love making fun of it.
  • NovawindNovawind Posts: 836
    moster78 wrote:

Let's think back to the Chicago smash-fest a couple months ago.
    If idle hands are the devil's workshop, he must not be very productive.

7/9/06 LA 1
    7/10/06 LA 2
    10/21/06 Bridge 1
    moster78 wrote:
    My roommate swapped guitars with a co-worker, he had some Les Paul knock-off and switched for a BC Rich Warlock with a Widow headstock, and a Floyd Rose. Guitar is ugly as sin and we love making fun of it.

I have a friend who bought a late 80s USA made Mockingbird for $50 in a pawnshop.

More like a pwnshop, because the owner got pwned. :(
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    The BC Rich Exclusive's are sexy.
  • Jeff is right next to him, he'd use his superhuman strength to pull them off.

Seriously, jeff's huge. :)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"