You Know That Feeling When EVERYTHING Sounds Great?

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited June 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been playing my strat into my BD-2 into my amp for the past 4 hours straight. It just sounds better than ever...ugh i love it!! :D
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Usually when it all sounds near perfect, something happens and I can never find it again.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    I've been playing my strat into my BD-2 into my amp for the past 4 hours straight. It just sounds better than ever...ugh i love it!! :D

I think I'm gunna buy "your/moster's" BD-2 :)

I heard that the Keeley Modded one suonds even netter than the regular Boss?

Keep on rockin' HHV!!
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I love that feeling. Speaking of the BD-2, I'm on a tube amp search and am looking for an overdrive if I buy the Fender. Do you reccomend that?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I think I'm gunna buy "your/moster's" BD-2 :)

I heard that the Keeley Modded one suonds even netter than the regular Boss?

Keep on rockin' HHV!!

I don't know man. All this talk has me wanting to re-evaluate it. I may have to go home, plug in and give it another whirl! =)
  • I love that feeling. Speaking of the BD-2, I'm on a tube amp search and am looking for an overdrive if I buy the Fender. Do you reccomend that?

Depends which type of guitar you have.

For example...My strat and tele (my tele is shit) sound great through the BD-2...but my SG doesn't sound that great through the BD-2...its because the pedal sounds better through a single coil guitar. If you have a humbucker guitar than the BD-2 will probably not be too great.

TMW - I got two BD-2's and I sold one to Monster (i got two for xmas), and he loves it. At first I didn't like it but once you mess around with it, it's great.

As for Keeley, yeah it's supposed to be amazing. I just dont have the money or am willing to give it a shot since I already got the tone I like out of it. Another thing is that some people say its louder and some people say its the same volume. I'm not willing to take the chance on louder since I can't afford that.

EDIT

I love the sounds I get out of my strat though with the BD-2. I honestly think it has something to do with how great the clean channel is on my amp.

for example: (volume always set at about 10 o'clock)
    Gain 12 o'clock, Tone 1 o'clock, strat at middle pickup = Current PJ crunch sound (WWS, Severed Hand).
    Gain 9 o'clock, Tone 11 o'clock, strat at neck pickup = bluesy type of sound (turn down the tone and add more gain you got a hendrix sound)

wow, I'm too lazy to finish typing the rest of my settings but you get the idea ;)
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • Thumbing My WayThumbing My Way Posts: 1,073
    moster78 wrote:
    I don't know man. All this talk has me wanting to re-evaluate it. I may have to go home, plug in and give it another whirl! =)

Lol, sounds good :)

I have an SG though, and HHV was sayin' how it doesn't sound as good :eek:

Ah well, whatever :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
    Lol, sounds good :)

I have an SG though, and HHV was sayin' how it doesn't sound as good :eek:

Ah well, whatever :)

I'm gonna give it a shot with my Strat. The Greedtone sounds amazing with the SG I have (same as HHV's). I found a site with some amp settings specifically for mine, Fender Blues Junior, I'm going to play around, once I decompress from a long day at work with a bum knee.
  • moster78 wrote:
    I'm gonna give it a shot with my Strat. The Greedtone sounds amazing with the SG I have (same as HHV's). I found a site with some amp settings specifically for mine, Fender Blues Junior, I'm going to play around, once I decompress from a long day at work with a bum knee.

PM me if you want some settings for your strat.

I'm still looking for my "SG Overdrive Sound" maybe I'll pick up a Greedtone but I don't know. I'm thinking of selling my OCD if anyone is interested, I'm not sure yet though.

The SG isn't BAD with the BD-2, it's just not what the bd-2 COULD sound like...what it SHOULD sound like is when you play it with your strat.
    PM me if you want some settings for your strat.

I'm still looking for my "SG Overdrive Sound" maybe I'll pick up a Greedtone but I don't know. I'm thinking of selling my OCD if anyone is interested, I'm not sure yet though.

The SG isn't BAD with the BD-2, it's just not what the bd-2 COULD sound like...what it SHOULD sound like is when you play it with your strat.

Yeah, thats why I kind of want to re-evaluate it. The Greedtone sounds great through the SG, especially for something like RVM. I just haven't found the sweet spot with it yet on the Strat. Send me a PM with some settings, I'll give them a shot once I get the right clean tone from my amp.