Ordered

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited December 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Lovepedal Magicboy and Menatone Dirty Blonde :D
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Lovepedal Magicboy and Menatone Foxey Brown :D

Sweet!
    The Menatone's don't get the attention they deserve. The new boxes are killer.
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    congrats on the new stuff, I've been eyeing that new Workingmans Blue.

Let us know how they play with the ocd and the traynor. I think you're going to love the magic boy too.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • you guys have such a wide knowledge of non 'mainstream' products. I would dig deeper but i find that the "usual" pedals seems to work perfect for me. i've tried the fancier stuff but something about the common pedals appeals to me for some reason, mind you you do get volume drops/level problems, and most of them tend to be a little noisy....but i like them....i wouldn't mind a murf though....

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • Foxy Brown, sweet!!!

Please give a review after some use. I was wondering just how much gain and punch was available there.

Harrison, i only started to learn about "outside" products, thru webstores, like Musictoyz and Pedalgeek. Craploads of products, lots of demos. After lots of reading, figured out most of the boutique falls in to the same categories as the big name stuff, and alot can be had for almost the same price as the big name stuff.

For instance

Ibanez Ts-9 = 100 bucks

Menatone Red Collar, Pedalworx Cactus Crunch, Fulltone FDII
    All ts-9 clones, slight variations on gain, clarity, output, all under 175 bucks.
  • Pacomc79 wrote:
    congrats on the new stuff, I've been eyeing that new Workingmans Blue.

Let us know how they play with the ocd and the traynor. I think you're going to love the magic boy too.

Yeah I was wondering how the Workingmans Blue sounds, the regular Blue Collar is fucking gorgeous. I was thinking of getting rid of my BD-2 and either giving it to Keeley or swaping it for a Red Snapper

My bad I said Foxy Brown, I ment Dirty Blonde, haha sorry! I said FB because I was reading up about it while I started the thread.

The Magicboy should treat me well, it's everything I want out of a vibe...not a full vibe but has the elements of it
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • what??

No Foxy??

Aw, come on!!
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    you guys have such a wide knowledge of non 'mainstream' products. I would dig deeper but i find that the "usual" pedals seems to work perfect for me. i've tried the fancier stuff but something about the common pedals appeals to me for some reason, mind you you do get volume drops/level problems, and most of them tend to be a little noisy....but i like them....i wouldn't mind a murf though....

MOOG's are freaking killer. I just like knowing about stuff really. Learning how to make it work, what makes good tone and why. Yeah, honestly a lot of the prices of these things are silly, but then there are the David Barbers of the world that say...well I can build a better overdrive at the same price point, that kind of thing. I hope to convey that theres no real right or wrong in music and there are a billion ways to get to the same end. Everything has it's limitations. In the end it's all about having fun, making music, and progressing our skills and knowledge. I also just love supporting people who are in it because they love music and they get that same resonating feeling when they hear it done just right.

I'm really glad HHKC is getting into menatone because I know they make great stuff (and I think custom transistors) but I have very little experience with them so it's kind of fun.

With all the progress in boutique effects driving the market it's still cool to see vox come out with those little VT breakthroughs, and line 6 and Roland Boss concentrate on tone with their COSM stuff and the new loopers, rotating speakers, and delays.

After all, look at the number of pros with Line 6 MM4 and DL4's.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • what??

No Foxy??

Aw, come on!!

The FB doesn't appeal to me like the DB...I'm a little interested in it because it says it is made after the 1974x and those type of amps. The dirty blonde is what I like, I'm really interested to see if it has that vintage fender overdrive that can turn almost into a fuzz. I think the Red Snapper might be my pedal if I don't like the Dirty Blonde
  • Well here comes the ironic part of it all!

I posted that I was going to wait until Christmas to open up the pedals and play them. I got the chance to do that yesterday.

I open the box and there is only 1 pedal in the box. I open the pedal and it's not the Dirty Blonde, it's actually the Foxy Brown. Ha.

I read a print out letter they sent me saying that the magicboy was on backorder and they credited my account back. Then I sent an email about the wrong pedal and they sent me an email back saying if I don't like the pedal they will credit back my card all the money spent for it.

So I guess they were being nice and doing the best they could. Now lets try out this Foxy Brown ;)
  • Haha, see how it goes.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • First impressions of the foxy brown aren't high.

I have to play with it more.

Edit:

The distortion on this pedal is outstanding, but just the tone, I can't get what I like. I noticed I have so-so cables, so I have to get some new ones maybe that will help.