Haven't posted in a while

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited March 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Don't know if any of you care but a lot of shit has been going on with school and stuff. Been traveling to see the colleges I've been accepted to.

Any hoot...
I will be selling my Foxy Brown and my Ibanez Artcore, and put that towards a really nice acoustic. I haven't put time in for research on an acoustic so if you guys have any recommendations for something under 500-600.

I have ordered the Lovepedal Magicboy, should be here around next week.

That's pretty much it for now. I have to save up for my trip for the potential Chicago/Cubs/Lollapalooza trip :D

Hope everyone is doing ok in life and in gear world, ha.

By the way, a fulltone 69 pedal is what you fuzz faces want ;)

Right now I'm filling in for a hardcore band (even though I don't like hardcore), they are all my friends so I helped them out for the past 2 shows...They just got someone permanently yesterday, so I guess I'm done with that, haha.
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Hello! You're so lucky to go to Lolla!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    I haven't put time in for research on an acoustic so if you guys have any recommendations for something under 500-600.

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=237387
  • ledhed43ledhed43 Posts: 114
    i think taylor has some decent acoustic stuff around 600.
    Information is not knowledge.
    Knowledge is not wisdom.
    Wisdom is not truth.
    Truth is not beauty.
    Beauty is not love.
    Love is not music.
    Music is the best.

~Frank Zappa
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Yeah man, we should meet up at Lolla sometime, I still gotta save up too
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • armanHammerarmanHammer Posts: 471
    5-600? Seagull, or a used Martin 0 series.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    the best 500-600 acoustic is any takamine at that price. they are amazingly consistant, and they are great. a tak has been my main acoustic forever.
    by the way, let me know how the 69 and magicboy are, im ordering a 69, and either a dejavibe or a magic boy soon. thanks!
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • MichaelMcKevinMichaelMcKevin Posts: 1,161
    I might be interested in the artcore. Any pics/info?
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • I might be interested in the artcore. Any pics/info?

The guitar is at my dads house right now but its in the blue burst. It only has a few light scratches on the back of the body and a tiny mark on the back of the 7th fret

I paid 280 after shipping, I'm looking for about 160 for the guitar and then shipping, which is like 25-35$

I have pictures on my dads computer, I'll see if he can send them to me tomorrow

As for the acoustic, this is what I have on my list

Martin D-15 Custom Spruce and Rosewood Acoustic Guitar

Martin D-15 Custom Spruce and Mahogany Acoustic Guitar

Martin DM Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar

Taylor Big Baby Dreadnought

Taylor 110 Dreadnought

Taylor 210 Dreadnought

Epiphone Hummingbird

Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500M (P)

As for Lolla, the Cubs are playing that weekend too so that is what is making me want to go cause I want to see Wrigley and i HATE the mets
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Better than the Yankees!!!(I'm not a Cubs fan though at all)
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    I am a fan of the D500M. Seems like a good unit for the dough.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • The 69 is a killer fuzz. Sometimes it's not enough, but it is killer. Lately it's been about the Java Booster (treble boost) that add's a nice killer little fuzz to thing.

Take that '69, and use a OCD to help smooth it over. All in all the 69 is a good good peace.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • ATY, OCD before or after 69??

also, anybody, 69 or Soulbender?
    My next purchase was going to be an OCD and soulbender, but i'm A:waiting for the OCD to be in stock, and B: wondering if instead of the soulbender, i should pick up a 69 or ZvexFuzz factory instead.

i could kick this into a new thread if i'm hijacking.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    the fuzzfactory is entirely not vintage fuzz sounding at all. so if you're going for old school, don't get a fuzz factory.

fuzz factories are their own little beasts. quite cool. but honestly, not that musical and not dynamic at all.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    ATY, OCD before or after 69??

also, anybody, 69 or Soulbender?
    My next purchase was going to be an OCD and soulbender, but i'm A:waiting for the OCD to be in stock, and B: wondering if instead of the soulbender, i should pick up a 69 or ZvexFuzz factory instead.

i could kick this into a new thread if i'm hijacking.

go ahead and start a new fuzz thread. and list your setup.

don't take the octafuzz out of consideration either.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • new thread coming up