Taylor 110/210/310 Dreadnought Acoustics

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 5,135
edited May 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
Within the next 2 weeks, one of these 3 guitars will be mine. I've been down for an acoustic for sometime now since my old one was stolen, which sucks cause it was my first guitar ever.

Depending on what my expenses are within the next 2 weeks (car insurance, gas, credit card), one of these 3 guitars will be mine. Personally of course I liked the 310 better than all, but we all know that was the more expensive one. I did like the 110 better than the 210 because it has almost the same sound and comfortability as the 210 but it's 200$ cheaper.

So basically this thread should be titled 110/310.

At my local shop they are selling the 110 for 599$ and the 310 for 925$

Anyways, hopefully in 2 weeks I'll have some recordings and pictures of one of those 2 guitars up
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ianvomsaalianvomsaal Posts: 1,224
    Here's the big thing . . .
    The 310 is ALL Solid Wood.
    http://www.taylorguitars.com/Guitars/Acoustic-Electric/300/

The 110 and 210 have laminate back and sides (basically crap wood).
    http://www.taylorguitars.com/Guitars/100-200/

Solid wood sounds better.
    Save and get the solid guitar, you'll be happier you did.

- Ian C.T. vom Saal
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
    <b><font color="red">CONTACT ME HERE</font>: www.myspace.com/ianvomsaal</b>
    ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫
  • yeah, the difference is night and day. the 310 is a real guitar, save the extra for it, you'll be glad you did.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • frenchsfrenchs Posts: 34
    Given those three models (none of which I have played), I would say the 310 based on the all-wood construction.

1) Play all three models. Laminates *can* be good. I have a Martin 000X1 that I really like. However I do like my solid wood guitars better. Laminates can also suck (anyone want to buy a baby Taylor?)

2) Try a guitar with a rosewood on the back and sides, it sounds much different from sapele/mahogany. Just my impressions, but sapele/mahogany is a very "light and crisp" sound, where rosewood is a bit "dark and smoky" sound.

3) Try different body styles. I've found that I like the x14 Taylors better than the x10 ones (714 vs 710, and 814 vs 810)
  • frenchsfrenchs Posts: 34
    Just came across this. I have no affiliation with the seller, but thought I would pass the info along.

http://p082.ezboard.com/FS-2006-Taylor-310-w-OHSC-MINT/ftheunofficialmartinguitarforumfrm3.showMessage?topicID=12475.topic
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Sounds like you love your guitars and kep them for a while.

You will not regret buying quality !!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    You will not regret buying quality !!
    I agree 100%...

You should put that in your sig.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V