Epi Les Paul-Help!

grunge_is_deadgrunge_is_dead Posts: 29
edited December 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been playing guitar for roughly a year now, I had a Squier Strat before, I just bought an Epi Les Paul 100 and the clean tone is absolutely amazing but the distorted tone is nowhere near as good as I expected it to be, power chords sound particularly bad. In fact I compared it with my old Squier and the Squier distorted tone at the low end (power chords) actually sounds better.

Anyone know why this might be??? I've tried lowering the action a bit but it doesnt seem to have helped. Should I alter the pickups or what?
"I remember that if you could get to 40,000 records sold, they'd allow you to make another one. That was the big goal, 40,000." - EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i play the studio version of the epi les paul and my friends have the standard (which i believe is what you have) and they both sound perfectly fine.

actually, the studio (cheaper) sounds WAY better than the one that's 200 dollars more... just doesn't look as flashy.

dunno what you're talking about though.

i'd definetly start checking out your amp and effects before you go blaming the guitar.

*nods*
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"