Recommend me some songs!!

a_cell_phonea_cell_phone Posts: 3
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey there, I come here a lot but haven't activated a user name (I actually had one a while ago but forgot it).

So anyway, I have been playing guitar for about 4 1/2 months now, and I'm getting really comfortable with it, but I don't know much. I know a lot of Pearl Jam and Radiohead (easily my favorite band), as well a bunch of random other parts from other songs by other bands, but I need some more stuff to play!! I barely know any theory, but I'm hungry to learn new songs!! Anything would be great, but I wouldn't mind some REM or Neil Young maybe, something easy. Anything would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I've been playing for about 6 months, and have found some easy PJ songs. Lukin, God's Dice, Long Road, Leaving Here and Not For You should get you started.
  • Ummmm, okay 40 people look at the thread but NOBODY has any suggestions? I told you guys, I know some of those PJ songs. Lame.....
  • Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
    ok every song Lukin4 suggested is a good starter for PJ.

May I also suggest most anything by U2 written before 1990, if ur just starting cos its very simple and minimal (edge changed A LOT post 1990) i.e With or Without, All I want is You, Sunday Bloody Sunday are all very easy songs.

some ACDC, Highway to Hell, Back in Black, TNT all piss easy.....

cant help on th REM front sorry, but hopefully that'll get u going...
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • pj4381pj4381 Posts: 1
    Some good musicians to start studying are guys like Ben Harper and Dave Matthews. Ben's songs are typically based solely on major chords. He loves using the C G and F chords. Check out the second disc of his live cd. Dave's stuff can be a little harder, but learning some of the techniques that he uses will accelerate your playing. Check out "Spoon" off of These Crowded Streets, "Tripping Billies" off of Crash and "Pay for What You Get" off of Under the Table and Dreaming. Those are some of my favorites. Nirvana is also a pretty good band to start out on. "Smells like teen spirit", "Rape Me", "Polly" and anything off of Bleach is pretty simple.