chords!

XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
edited April 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
i'm a still a beginner so go easy :D

How do i figure out the chords for songs? (mainly PJ)

like GTW has tabs but only a few chords for some songs. is there a way to figure out the chords from tabs??? i'm just playing chords as i'm still new so i'm not going into tabs till i'm comfortable?
How I choose to feel is how I am.

Comments

• enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Hi,

Tab should have the chords above the staff, followed by the fretboard numbering on the staff...at least it did the last time I looked at tab...which admittedly has been a few years.

Tab is a good thing for starting out, but my best advice to you would be to do as much ear training as you can. Learn the tab to a PJ song, and then play along to the record while listening to what's going on musically. It all comes together eventually, but only after lots of practice. I've been playing for 10 years now, and I'm still just ok with that kind of stuff.
  • Hmmm well if you start naming some songs I'm sure some of us can help you out with exactly what you're looking for. Power chords or just basic regular ones? And which songs specifically?
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    Hmmm well if you start naming some songs I'm sure some of us can help you out with exactly what you're looking for. Power chords or just basic regular ones? And which songs specifically?

open and power chords!

most tabs on GTW do not have the chord above the staff, some not much though