Has anyone else had problems with straps?

BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey I dont usually post too much in this part of the board, but i just want to see if anyone has the same problem I do.
I've tried three different straps now on my fender strat and almost all the time while Im standing up playing, one side of the strap slips off and I end up dropping the guitar. I even have a small dent in it now from when it landed on the amp once. Does this happen to anyone else and are there any good straps that won't do this?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• get a strap with a lock on it..

its a little button that locks it onto the clip on the guitar.

:)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Thanks a lot!:) Ill definitely go get one of those
  • MetalGod75MetalGod75 Posts: 262
    ive got Dimarzio clip lock straps on all my guitars theyre cheap and hard wearing and your guitar NEVER falls off:)
    Cornell pwns u
  • moemoe6434moemoe6434 Posts: 467
    Definitely get some Schaller Straplocks... you will NOT be let down they are a gift from god.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I used to use Dunlop straplocks, and still do on two guitars (the neck button is on the back of the guitar) and they're okay, but I'm a huge fan of Schaller locks, and have them on all my Tele's.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Schaller locks on all my guitars and basses. Don't leave home with out them.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • I use bottlecaps.

Yep. :)
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I use bottlecaps.

Yep. :)

Very similar to the washer method, I assume?

I could never hardwire my strap to my guitar, it's just this peeve I've got...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.