Ed's Guitar...

The Tremor ChristThe Tremor Christ Posts: 17
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
What kind of guitar is Ed using throughout the LatG DVD, and in the 'I am Mine' video?

That blue one with the target sticker, and how much is it worth?
What the fuck is this world,
running to you didn't,
leave a message at least I,
Coulda' heard your voice one last time...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I think it's a Gibson SG

I know nothing about guitars, but thats my uninformed guess.
    "Provided there are no pre-conditions"

Originally posted by MrBrian -

"one day a country may just liberate america, what will you say then?"
  • It is a gibson sg with a who sticker on it. You could get one for 1170.00 + tax american

They have amazing necks I was gonna get one a while ago but it was to pricey
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • that price I gave you was for a standard. It has the really nice neck on it. It is probably the most comparabl guitar to what ed uses. Probably minor differences.

Ed sometimes uses a gibson sg junior which only has 1 pickup and is no longer made.

An SG special is only like 850 american but notr as nice (especially in the neck) as an SG standard
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Don't forget that it has P-90 pickups in it... the KEY ingredient...
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Don't forget that it has P-90 pickups in it... the KEY ingredient...

Yeah, I noticed that on the dvd. I've been tempted to get the SG special, the only SG on musiciansfriend with the tealblue. Now I hear a few messages above that the necks suck? Ah, I'm going with the RI strat anyways..lol. The SG can wait for awhile. ;)
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • It sis blue gibson sg. it is a good guitar.my bandmate plays stratocaster and gibson les paul, but he borrowed sg for a while and he says that it really easy to play on it.it doesn´t weight a lot and has really comfortable neck.

but i was really shocked when ed destroyed that guitar in LitG.
    was it the same piece as he used in I am mine video?
    me: www.myspace.com/mariomarcinek

my band: www.myspace.com/mofokillerain

official site: www.stonerock.sk
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah, it's an SG Special. Around 850 american. He had his guitar tech route it out and put in P-90's so it's remarkably similar to the SG specials Pete Townsend used in the late 60's and early 70's (Isle of Wight etc.)
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Originally posted by Pacomc79
    He had his guitar tech route it out and put in P-90's so it's remarkably similar to the SG specials Pete Townsend used in the late 60's and early 70's (Isle of Wight etc.)

I thought P-90's were smaller than a humbucker... ? Maybe wider, I dunno... I would guess he kept the body cavities the same, and just ordered a new pickguard for P-90's.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • i believe true p-90's are wider than humbuckers, so routing is required to fit them in. however, seymour duncan just introduced a true p-90 that will fit in a humbucker sized cavity with no additional routing. it's called the phat cat, i believe.
    "Of course it hurts. You're getting fucked by an elephant."
  • puremagicpuremagic Posts: 1,907
    Originally posted by Milhouse VanHouten
    i believe true p-90's are wider than humbuckers, so routing is required to fit them in. however, seymour duncan just introduced a true p-90 that will fit in a humbucker sized cavity with no additional routing. it's called the phat cat, i believe.

Your right.

http://news.harmony-central.com/Newp/2004/Phat-Cat.html

They cost about $80 each. The gold plated is about $10 more.
    SIN EATERS--We take the moral excrement we find in this equation and we bury it down deep inside of us so that the rest of our case can stay pure. That is the job. We are morally indefensible and absolutely necessary.