Guitar Help

The Tremor ChristThe Tremor Christ Posts: 17
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
So I'm looking into buying a guitar and my buddy, who hasn't touched the thing more than 5 times in half a year, will sell me his.
It's a Aria...I don't know what model, but I think it's nice, black, has a good sound to it.

I just need to know if that's an alright company, and if I can pick up something better for not a ridiculous amount of money.

He payed 300 for it new, and he's giving me the $170 price tag. And again, he's gone to about, 5-6 lessons, and only played it a few times at home, so it's barely used.
What the fuck is this world,
running to you didn't,
leave a message at least I,
Coulda' heard your voice one last time...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    $170 is pretty standard for entry level solid top acoustics. Aria seems to be basically a budget brand, so you aren't buying a prestigious name or anything. Just do what you'd do with any guitar. Check the action, look for fretbuzz, play various types of songs on it. Above all, see how it sounds and how the neck feels. If it all sounds acceptable, pull the trigger :)
  • Unless you've given your friend a definite answer on his aria, i'd suggest looking aroud for fender squires. They cos about £130 over here, although i'm not sure how that translates into $. They've got a really good sound and are equiped with an easy neck action and a five-way pickup switch which come with little fuzz.
    some things once spoken, can't be taken back
  • 170 is pretty cheap. I've never played and Aria before, but like a previous post said if everything checks out it's probably not a bad deal for 170 bucks. You might find something a little nicer for less or about the same used, but that would be a lucky deal and would take a lot of digging with no guarantee you would find one.

I bought a new fender for 150 once, but I would imagine it was probably no better than that aria. The Aria might even be nicer, I don't know.