Anyone ever try the Digitech DigiDelay?

Sea and SandSea and Sand Posts: 6
edited August 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Has anyone tried the Digitech DigiDelay? I know most perfer Boss over Digitech, but I can get a new one for $58.87 and I was wondering if anyone thought that was a good deal. And do they have enough features? I've only been playing guitar for like 2 years, and not very seriously because I'm the drummer in our band so I don't need anyhting like the DD-20 or anything like that. Just looking for opinions. Thanks

-Steve
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wow dude. i'd get it. i just purchased one on sunday for $99.99. it works great. there are 7 different types of delay (10-250 ms, .250 to 1 second, 1-4 seconds, tape, mod delay, reverse, and loop) and you can adjust how frequent you want the echos to occur, how many times you want it to echo, etc. Like i said, for that price, i would get it for sure.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    for that price it's a steal. I think it's a fine delay. Lots of options. good tone.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Cool man, thanks! I'm an intern for Harman Becker Automotive whose mother company is Harman International. SO I get discounts on all kinds of crazy shit. JBL, Harman Hardan, Infinity, DOD, Digitiech, dbx, AKG, lexicon...I bought a DOD Virbathang for $30...pretty cool if you just want to mess around with a Univibe type pedal. I think I might buy a DOD 250 overdrive reissue...its only $25. The description sounds cool and it kinda looks cool too.
  • kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
    Originally posted by Sea and Sand
    Cool man, thanks! I'm an intern for Harman Becker Automotive whose mother company is Harman International. SO I get discounts on all kinds of crazy shit. JBL, Harman Hardan, Infinity, DOD, Digitiech, dbx, AKG, lexicon...I bought a DOD Virbathang for $30...pretty cool if you just want to mess around with a Univibe type pedal. I think I might buy a DOD 250 overdrive reissue...its only $25. The description sounds cool and it kinda looks cool too.

damn.....your lucky hahha. i work for allen and heath and up until a few years ago we were also owned by harman international. I joined allen and heath about 6 months before they brought themselves out from harman so i missed out on getting stuff for cheap :(
    I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    I have a DigiVerb, and I love it. If the delay is comparable, it's a good deal. The only issue is possibly battery consumption... the DigiVerb sucked batteries dry in 3 hours. The DigiDelay is a whole other pedal, but beware the problem...

Check here:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/DigiTech/X_Series_Digital_Delay-01.html
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.