Wha pedals

meraphixmeraphix Posts: 15
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey, i'm finally getting a new Wha pedal to suit my SG, and i'm wondering what wha pedals you guys have or can recommend that will make immitating Mike's sound a lot easier. I wouldn't mind a cry baby wha, but does anyone know what effects or equipment Stone or Mike have?
ÎÒ߀ÊÇ»îÖø¡±µÄ - ²»ÍüÓ›ÄÇ...There aint gonna be a middle no more...ÊÇÄãºÍ²»ÈκÎÈËÁíÍ⣬ÄãÊÇ¿¿×Ô¼ºµÄÁ¦Á¿µÄ¡£Äþ«ÈAºÍ²»·Åé_Ëü¡£
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    you're probably going to get lots of recommendations for a vox wah here. i have a crybaby and a vox is what i want now.
  • meraphixmeraphix Posts: 15
    Is it better in tone or just the diversity of it. Is it cheaper?
    ÎÒ߀ÊÇ»îÖø¡±µÄ - ²»ÍüÓ›ÄÇ...There aint gonna be a middle no more...ÊÇÄãºÍ²»ÈκÎÈËÁíÍ⣬ÄãÊÇ¿¿×Ô¼ºµÄÁ¦Á¿µÄ¡£Äþ«ÈAºÍ²»·Åé_Ëü¡£
  • uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i hear it's got a way better tone. just go through this forum and you'll find a few threads on wahs.
  • Vox Clyde McCoy Wah is amazing.

Also you can check out the morely variety.
    When this just feels like spinning plates.
  • MONKEYNUTSMONKEYNUTS Posts: 114
    vOX AND CRY baby R woT hendrix used. MONKEYNUTS FINks mIKE USES CRY babY

ANYWAY form woT HE HAS HERD THE RMC RANge made bY SOme bLOKE WHOS Surname is TEESE R BEST. dir expensiVE BuT MOST PEOPle agree he maKES DE BEST waHS
  • jdecker12jdecker12 Posts: 41
    Mike uses a Dunlop 535 Cry baby.

http://www.giventowail.com has a gear section with pedals listed.
  • Mike does use a crybaby 535Q, which I've been considering giving a try. I'm currently using a regular crybaby which I'm very happy with. It's a limited edition white model(looks like the bass models), made from steel instead of the cast stuff. Also has a better pot in it I think. I really love mine.
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    hey man ive got a vox wah with little british flags all over it. it freaking rules. ive tried various wah pedals and this one is clearly the best.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
  • Originally posted by mojorison_75
    Mike does use a crybaby 535Q, which I've been considering giving a try. I'm currently using a regular crybaby which I'm very happy with. It's a limited edition white model(looks like the bass models), made from steel instead of the cast stuff. Also has a better pot in it I think. I really love mine.

I have a 535Q and it is amazing. All of the tone settings that you can change are awesome and there is a gain boost and a variable q control so you can determine how sharp the wah is. It's really awesome.
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
    Sell ya my Crybaby for $60.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • bruins1bruins1 Posts: 16
    Try one of the Morley wahs. Some of them are switchless which is a great feature to have. Step on the pedal, it turns on. Pick your foot up, it turns off. With the Crybabys, the thing can get left on during loud jams if you don't push down hard enough.
    yankees suck
    Originally posted by bruins1
    Try one of the Morley wahs. Some of them are switchless which is a great feature to have. Step on the pedal, it turns on. Pick your foot up, it turns off. With the Crybabys, the thing can get left on during loud jams if you don't push down hard enough.

Hey, buddy, tryin' to make a sale here...
  • bruins1bruins1 Posts: 16
    Originally posted by mccreadyisgod
    Hey, buddy, tryin' to make a sale here...

My bad. CRYBABY'S ARE GREAT. BUY HIS.
    yankees suck
    Originally posted by bruins1
    My bad. CRYBABY'S ARE GREAT. BUY HIS.

Some people like the Crybaby, but it's not for me. It's great for slinky funk, or for folks who want to nail the Hendrix tone. I just decided I don't care for wah pedals...

If I had it to do over again, I'd get a Vox... it's a bit chunkier, which I love. But right now, I have other toys to think about.