Given to Fly Tabs

SomebodySomebody Posts: 2
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I am just reposting this thread here since it suits this board better. I have been playing guitar for about 4 years now, but recnetly took a 7 or so month break. I decided to pick up the guitar again and to sharpen my skills decided to learn how to play given to fly.
I got the tabs from giventowail.com and they seem pretty accurate, however there is a part which i do not think is right I just want to see if anyone else noticed this or was i just to tired last night. Anyway this is what im talking about:

Tabs from Given to Wail:

9----7--5-5

---0-9/10-10
7/9
7--5-5

This is how I play it:

9----7--5-5

---0-9/10-10
7/9
7--5-5

Notice how I took out the third note right before the second slide and the open note right after the second slide out. Does anyone else think its played this way or is it just me. Any help would really be apperciated.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• casper leblanccasper leblanc Posts: 1,246
    euh... isn't that just splitting hairs?
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    wow, you're anal retentive.

I'm sure if you listen to 100 different live versions of this song, mike's playing would be slightly different each and every time.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • SomebodySomebody Posts: 2
    Originally posted by blackredyellow
    wow, you're anal retentive.

I'm sure if you listen to 100 different live versions of this song, mike's playing would be slightly different each and every time.

I understand this, I was just making sure I wasnt the only one *slightly* changing the way the tabs say its played. Anyway thanks for all the help guys.