Little Rocker Update

brandonsmombrandonsmom Posts: 19
edited October 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Thanks to all you guys who gave us good advice while we were thinking about getting our son, Brandon Lee, a guitar-esp Thinair :)

We ended up getting him a Fender Strat-which he instantly fell in love with.
He started his lessons 3 weeks ago and has done amazingly well-his instructor has to give him about 50% more than he usually does to keep him from getting bored. He has memorized 10 cords so far and is going to start learning his first "song" next week. He is having a great time. Much credit to his teacher, Dave, whom he thinks is the coolest guy ever. He doesn't stray to much from what he is supposed to be working on and never just plays noise-thankfully. I think the 6 years of gymnastics has helped in his understanding of Groundwork, and listening to instruction-none of which is very interesting to you but....just wanted to let you know-

Thanks and have a great night-MOM

PS-I took him to see Seether-Nickleback-Audioslave and that just thrilled and amazed him-he had such a great time-we had good seats so he did not see to much "grown up" nastiness-although I did learn that he does somehow know what "weed" is, hmmm-any way Audioslave was so incredible-that was worth the price of admission for me. Brandon came home and started picking though my CD's-looking for Soundgarded and Audioslave...I don't think so-he will have to buy his own :)
I am a bear of little brain and long words bother me. WTP