Trentino Amp Specs

MadHatterMadHatter Posts: 15
edited February 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi all,

As mentioned in my last post, I'm having some amp problems. Being that I don't really know anything about tube amps, I've been doing some research on my own to learn. I just spent some time reading about different types of pre-amp tubes, and power tubes, and spent some time looking at the specs of various amp types to see what combonations they use (ie Fender, Marshall etc.).

Out of curiousity I checked out the gear section at "Given to Wail" and noticed Mike and Stone's Trentino amps had no tube types mentioned. Anyone have any idea what tubes and speakers are used in these amps?

As I said, was just curious.

-Brendon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/gear/index.html

this is the extent of what I know from the rumor pit. it's under riot act notes.

the best thing to do would be to contact sal via e-mail or phone and ask.

you'll have to search for him though, I don't know any contacts sorry.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Preamp tubes are pretty much interchangable... so that's hardly an issue. Most likely they're using 12AX7's of some sort.

If I remember correctly, Trentino made those amps self-biasing, so that you could put any power tube you wanted in there (except for an EL-84, unless you had an adapter). I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd guess both Mike and Stone are using EL-34's in their Trentino's. Mike uses a combo amp with 2 - 12" speakers, some kind of Celestion. Likely Greenback or Vintage 30's. Stone plugs his into a Marshall 4x12" cab, who knows what that's got in it (Celestions).
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.