playing jeremy

soapyrowssoapyrows Posts: 235
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey, i was wondering if anyone here in a band has done a cover of jeremy? what are your opinions of the difficulty of it......um and what bits are hard etc etc just tell me what you think :D
thanks
EVENFLOW MEMBER #009 and i'm LOVIN the new PJ!!!! avacado all the way!!

i know someday you'll have a beautiful life,
i HOPE you'll be a star,
in somebody elses sky, but why, why, why can't it be, why can't it be mine?!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Originally posted by soapyrows
    hey, i was wondering if anyone here in a band has done a cover of jeremy? what are your opinions of the difficulty of it......um and what bits are hard etc etc just tell me what you think :D
    thanks

Its fairly easy, the vocals are a bit difficult towards the end but as long as you have a good singer you should be fine. The music is rather easy but like most pearl jam songs its pretty good fun
    www.myspace.com/dhmarks - Me

www.myspace.com/jackietreehornmusic - The Band
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    We do a cover of Jeremy...and I would tend to agree, the vocals seem to be the hardest part. There are a few changes in the form though and there is kind of a walkdown on the "black-board" part....there is also a time change when the drums come in. There are two guitars playing separate lines on most of the song....so if you are playing it with one guitar player it poses a bit more of a challenge for the guitar player....thats how we play it though, and it sounds fine. If you are picking a pearl Jam song (based on vocals) It probably shouldn't be your first choice....if you are looking for an easy pearl jam song....I've heard alot of singers butcher this one.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • suedesuede Posts: 247
    i had to respond to this.
    i tried out for a band years ago & jeremy was the song i had to sing. one of my friends came with me and when i finished the song. they were just kinda looking at me like..."holy shit". one of the band members said he was sorry for messing up a part that i didn't notice, and my friend, matt, was like..."dude, that was fuckin' perfect". one of my prouder moments. on a side note, i did my versionof better man at a bar a few months ago to karaoke. ..even adding in the save it for later tag. i don't think the place knew what hit them. i was with a group of 5 or 6 and they were like..."dude, i didn't know you could sing". yeah, we say "dude" a lot.

so yeah...still looking to start a band in detroit.
    and yes...i am very pissed off right now about the Pistons loss. we had that game. unreal.
  • 2italy2italy Posts: 39
    to find tab for it:
    http://a9.com/tab%20jeremy%20pearl%20jam

my philosophy on cover tunes is that people should not do them unles they can do them well but that's just my opinion... :)
  • Gus_3218Gus_3218 Posts: 59
    I find a pretty easy song, I can do all theh guitar parts on one guitar, the only real issue is u need a good bassist I feel if ur only gonna use one guitar, mainly for the end jam and the outro....

And yes, a good singer helps..... its pretty much that end jam, can fuck you cos its not a solo, its just sound in the right places and the right sounds..... thats why its such a damn good song....
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher