blues jr...

rustneepsrustneeps Posts: 5
edited April 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I have a Fender Blues Jr. amp, and I love the tone I get with the effects I have. However, I have trouble keeping up with the volume of the rest of the band at times, and I was wondering what the best way to remedy that without sacrificing my tone would be. Cabinet maybe? And if so, which ones sound most like the built in speaker in the Blues Jr.? Any suggestions you have would be great. Thanx.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ShredShred Posts: 28
    you'll probably find ur band have there volume waaay to loud then they actually need it.

just turn down as low as u can, tell the drummer he doesnt have to hit the skins as hard as he can to be heard.

trouble is, that when everyone first plugs in one person willbe louder then the other so that other person will turn up louder then the others will go louder coz they cant be heard and the drummer wants to be loud anyway. so before you know it youve got so much volume you dont actaully need, and it makes the musical clarity sound double shit the louder u get it.

failing this, just buy a new combo...50 watts is all you should need
  • yeah...thats what I've been trying to tell them...I do ok when I have my amp elevated, so its more at ear level. But if I HAD to get a new combo, do you know of a type that would give me a sound very similar, if not the same as the blues jr.?

thanks