Recording off a 4 track~~Micing

mike squiresmike squires Posts: 27
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey~I've got kind of an amatuer question cause well, I guess I'm an amatuer when it comes to recording. I just ordered a Korg CR-4. How do you do vocals on a 4 track. Can you just plug striaght into the device and go or do you have to use an amp or sounding board or something. I assume you can do both but I'm not sure. I think there's an EQ on the Korg. Can it really be as easy as plugging the mic into the 4 track and record vocals? Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bart138Bart138 Posts: 37
    Depends on whether or not the 4 track has preamps. If not, you'd have to buy a separate pre, which can be had on the cheap (if you don't mind less-than-proffesional sound quality). Most newer 4 tracks come with at least two channels with phantom power and a mic pre, in which case you can absolutely plug right in and go.
  • Hey~I've got kind of an amatuer question cause well, I guess I'm an amatuer when it comes to recording. I just ordered a Korg CR-4. How do you do vocals on a 4 track. Can you just plug striaght into the device and go or do you have to use an amp or sounding board or something. I assume you can do both but I'm not sure. I think there's an EQ on the Korg. Can it really be as easy as plugging the mic into the 4 track and record vocals? Thanks!

As long as the mic doesn't need phantom power, your ready to go unless and adapter is required (if you only have 1/4" inputs).
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/