I need advice

Pat HPat H Posts: 101
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
A few months ago I quit a band for many reasons, such as it was too far, I was about 15 years younger than them and it was really uncomfortable, and the reasons for making music seemed to be different from mine, IE they were in the band to make money, I was in it for the experience and to have fun and money was just an added bonus.

Anyway, I got a call on my answering maching from the drummer, and they didnt want me to leave in the first place, and now I think they want me back. This is the greatest compliment that I have ever had on my playing. I impress people that are that much more experienced than I am, when I cant even get a band together with people my age.

There is nothing going on musically for me right now, except for about 3 bands that I might join but there is nothing definite. I'm seriously reconsidering rejoining the band if they actually ask me to join, but if I do that, I'd have to abandon what I might be starting, and at least one sounds like it will be pretty serious, and I am pretty much guaranteed to join it. However since nothing is set in stone everything might fall through. Rejoining the other band would be definite and at least I would be playing again, even though it would be the bullshit that went on before, but I might be willing to work through it, because I want to play more than anything. I also would have to travel an hour to band practice for my old band.

what would you do in this situation?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i'd seriously consider joining that "serious other" band instead.. at least until you see where it goes.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    i'd seriously consider joining that "serious other" band instead.. at least until you see where it goes.

I think I have it figured out.

I'm going to rejoin that band because I'm going to get a hell of alot better with it if they ask, and also join the serious band to see where it goes but chances are, I will only be able to do it for a year anyway because of school. the other one will actually put me closer to the rest of the band when I go away to school.