almost broke an amp today

Pat HPat H Posts: 101
edited July 2005 in Musicians and Gearheads
I had a jam session today and I took a fall and the nob that controls my mid fell off and couldnt be found anywhere. also the nob that controls the channels is fucked up. I have a Crate DXJ1000 or something like that, I dont remember off hand, but anyway... it has a nob that controls effects, and when the nob was on clean, I was getting chorus.

I hope this can be fixed easily, and cost efficiently.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Ah thats nothin. Try driving your amp so hard the speaker explodes. If its just the control nobs that are broken the cost should be next to nothing.

here's what you do, bring it to the shop, say you need new nobs, then they say, "ok that should be about $25", Then you say, "Fuck that shit man, I can get blown for $25" Then proceed to haggle.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • Pat HPat H Posts: 101
    I'm more worried about the effect thing than the broken off amp nob. Like if somehow the fall fucked up the wiring or something
  • KillerIsMeKillerIsMe Posts: 208
    well it is a crate..
    KillerIsMe wrote:
    well it is a crate..

good point. It was my first amp though, and it's been a good amp for me even though I want a better practice amp. If I have to spend money to fix it, it will be so I can sell it and put money down on a nice tube amp or something.
  • Dirty_FrankDirty_Frank Posts: 957
    An amp like that will more than likely be run by a one piece circuit board. Depending on what you've done, it could either be cheap, expensive, or not fixable. My best advice is to take it to a place with a good reputation and see what they can do.

Like what hitch-hiker said, if they tell you 25 bucks for a knob, tell them to fuck off and proceed to get a hooker.
    An amp like that will more than likely be run by a one piece circuit board. Depending on what you've done, it could either be cheap, expensive, or not fixable. My best advice is to take it to a place with a good reputation and see what they can do.

Like what hitch-hiker said, if they tell you 25 bucks for a knob, tell them to fuck off and proceed to get a hooker.

yeah. I fixed the chorus problem myself, and they ordered the replacement knob. If they tell me something over a dollar I'm gonna tell them to fuck off.
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    KillerIsMe wrote:
    well it is a crate..

I resent that. I own a 60 watt vs212 and it rocks serious ass.