Jeff's custom Modulus wiring

smahtkidsmahtkid Posts: 3
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I searched for this info, but didn't find anything. I'm interested in the electronic setup in Jeff's VJs since there's a MM-style humbucker in the neck position. Anyone know what the controls are? The tech diagram just says Bartolini pickups and electronics, but the standard setup with two Js is volume/blend/bass/treble...
Thanks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    the electronics are bartolini NTBT with a GB4C in the neck position and the jazz pickups are 94J's.

heres mike lull's number,they used to do his work..not sure if they still do or not.

425-643-8074
  • smahtkidsmahtkid Posts: 3
    Unseen:

Thanks for the info - but do you know what the controls are on Jeff's 3-pickup J-basses? If he went with stackpots he could have 3 volumes and treble/mid/bass controls, but I can't find any pics to confirm a stack setup.

He may just have an overall volume knob with bass and treble controls if it's the NTBT like you said and not the NTMB (w/ mid control) - I just find it hard to believe there wouldn't be separate volumes or at least a pickup selector switch on those!
  • the unseenthe unseen Posts: 372
    there are no mid controls.....

it's three volume and stacked bass/treble.

i have a modulus set up like his....and got all the pickups and electronics from lull's shop.

i am pretty sure he has some modifications done to his that i dont have,but they told me i'd be as close as possible to what he had.
  • smahtkidsmahtkid Posts: 3
    Cool, that's what I wanted to know. I've got a VJ with Barts and an Aguilar OBP-1, but I don't think I'll be adding a pickup - I'm just curious. Sounds like you've got a sweet bass!