NJ Pearl Jam tribute seeks rhythm guitarist!

Much More Than ThisMuch More Than This Posts: 765
edited October 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
No Code: The Pearl Jam Tribute is looking to hold auditions for a new rhythm guitarist AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. This is an opportunity for a skilled musician to join an established, popular band, play premier venues throughout the Northeast and participate in events sponsored by the Bose Corporation.

Our recent headlining performance at HOUSE OF BLUES in Atlantic City merited us an invitation to return in early 2008. We have repeatedly appeared at venues such as Lion's Den (New York City), Whiskey Bar (Hoboken) and Willie McBride's (Hoboken) — and on January 26 we will be making our debut at GRAPE STREET, one of Philly's top rooms. No Code has an ever-growing base of support in New Jersey, New York and Southeastern Pennsylvania, but our immediate goal is to expand our regional coverage and travel more. Another appealing factor is the band's association with Bose, as we have provided audio demonstrations for two sales training clinics in NYC, with a similar session in Boston to be scheduled.

SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY! Our music may be unoriginal, but our passion is undeniably real. Candidates should be well versed in Pearl Jam's extensive catalog and — just as important — possess a deep appreciation for the original artists' music that would sustain interest in the project. They should also be situated within a reasonable distance of No Code's base in Union County, NJ, so as to facilitate frequent rehearsals, though exceptions may be made for particularly talented candidates. Rocco, our departing rhythm player and band founder, is a very talented musician himself, and we are intent on replacing him with someone of like caliber.

To arrange an audition, please e-mail us at: info@NoCodeJam.com.

For more info about the band, or to hear MP3s, please visit our new website at: http://www.NoCodeJam.com.

We would also appreciate your forwarding this post to any interested parties among your friends, if you would be so kind. Thank you in advance for any assistance you might provide toward our search.

Sincerely,
Jim, Randy, Rob, Rocco and Tony
No Code: The Pearl Jam Tribute
http://www.NoCodeJam.com
http://www.myspace.com/NoCodeJam
http://www.myspace.com/ModernRockTributeClique
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    good luck...
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • guertin32 wrote:
    good luck...
    Thanks. Looks like we'll need some. Good rhythm players don't grow on trees, as most want the glory of lead axe.
  • guertin32guertin32 Posts: 205
    Thanks. Looks like we'll need some. Good rhythm players don't grow on trees, as most want the glory of lead axe.

lol.. i know what you mean.. i play lead guitar for a band called Silent Fate and its a tough job sometimes... Id love to kick back and do the rythem thang.. Even though im in a metal band, I love LOVE LOVE Pearl Jam...
    http://www.myspace.com/cravingstrangemusic <- my band
    MSG - NYC - 9-10-1998
    MSG - NYC - 9-11-1998 (BEST FKING SHOW!)
    Jones Beach - 8-25-2000
    Nassau Coliseum - 4-30-2003
    Irving Plaza - 5-5-06 (another great show)
    New Jersey - 6-1-06
    MSG - NYC - 6.24.08
  • guertin32 wrote:
    lol.. i know what you mean.. i play lead guitar for a band called Silent Fate and its a tough job sometimes... Id love to kick back and do the rythem thang.. Even though im in a metal band, I love LOVE LOVE Pearl Jam...
    Best of luck with Silent Fate. I'll send you an add request on MySpace. - Tony
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    If only you were in south central Illinois, or I was in Jersey.
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    say it ain't so Rocco, say it ain't so....
  • say it ain't so Rocco, say it ain't so....
    As much as I hate the fact that Rocco is leaving us, I'll speak on his behalf and state that it is indeed so. Besides taking the lead in finding his replacement, what it means for me is that I'll soon be the last original No Coder standing. It shouldn't come as any surprise that the the one who was "discovered" at age 36 would stick around until the mic was ripped out of his hands.

Is there any way I could I entice you and your lady Hands to trek the mighty distance to Hoboken, on Nov. 16, for Rocco's "farewell show" (that is, if I can convince him to play it)? - Tony
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    It would be a possibility....
    And then there was one.......

Not looking for details, that's your guys business, but I hope it was an amicable split...
  • Thanks. Looks like we'll need some. Good rhythm players don't grow on trees, as most want the glory of lead axe.

Tony,
    What's up man? I'm still waiting to hear back from you on an audition date. I originally sent my response from gmurphyjr@comcast.net, but I just wanted to say in response to your post above... I'M RIGHT HERE BRO!!
  • AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    As much as I hate the fact that Rocco is leaving us, I'll speak on his behalf and state that it is indeed so. Besides taking the lead in finding his replacement, what it means for me is that I'll soon be the last original No Coder standing. It shouldn't come as any surprise that the the one who was "discovered" at age 36 would stick around until the mic was ripped out of his hands.

Is there any way I could I entice you and your lady Hands to trek the mighty distance to Hoboken, on Nov. 16, for Rocco's "farewell show" (that is, if I can convince him to play it)? - Tony

It's too much of a Trek. You guys need to play Baltimore.

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • i'm right outside of philadelphia in jersey. my friend would be perfect. i forwarded him your post. hopefully he will be interested because i think he might be who you are looking for.
  • Our music may be unoriginal, but our passion is undeniably real.
    Quintessential Tony right there... Hope you find a replacement to your liking...
  • memememe Posts: 4,695
    I've been meaning to learn how to play the guitar...

What? I'm a fast learner :o
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Alessiana wrote:
    You guys need to play Baltimore.
    Hmm, Bawlmer...uh, I mean Baltimore (that's what my local friends call it, "hon"). Once we settle our situation, we'll be looking to travel beyond Philly. Have you any suggestions for venues?
  • Quintessential Tony right there... Hope you find a replacement to your liking...
    If our new band member was as much to my liking as my new female interest, I'd be quite content.
  • meme wrote:

La signora può suonare bene, é vero.
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    yo.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I was not in college right now.
    Camden I '06, Camden II '06, Bonnaroo '08, Camden I '08, Camden II '08, Philly Spectrum II/III/IV '09, MSG I '10, MSG II '10, Made In America '12, Wrigley '13, Brooklyn II '13, Philly I '13, Philly II '13, ...
  • yo.
    As they say in golf, the leader in the clubhouse is...
  • It would be a possibility....
    And then there was one.......

Not looking for details, that's your guys business, but I hope it was an amicable split...
    It's nothing personal on either side. It's just that Rocco has been playing in bands for 13 years and has had enough. His demanding work schedule doesn't help. There are far more important things than sustaining a tribute band (wait, did I just write what I think I wrote?). - Tony
  • I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I was not in college right now.
    Though we appreciate the sentiment, take it from an old guy: Don't be in any rush to leave the cocoon! In the real world, they make you pay tribute to The Man — and it ain't fun. - Tony
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    As they say in golf, the leader in the clubhouse is...

haha, this will be a blast
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • solsurfrsolsurfr Posts: 207
    Hmm, Bawlmer...uh, I mean Baltimore (that's what my local friends call it, "hon"). Once we settle our situation, we'll be looking to travel beyond Philly. Have you any suggestions for venues?

Wish I was still in the philly burbs and would definitely love to check you guys out even though I'm a lead player. I played in PJ tribute band for about a year until egos got in the way. My last band where I played lead had about 15 PJ songs in the 50 or so songs in the catalog.

My buddy who I played with years back in Dissident is this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnZpIhCwtBk

He's in West Chester, PA and always looking to jam. An OK PJ fan but would rather play lead and I would bet he would play lead better than most guys in this forum (no offense really, he's that good). He also is a studio musicians for a few bands in the area...

I'm down in Rehoboth Beach now so if you guys ever make it down to the area in the summer, please let me know and allow me to take the 20 minute solo on Even Flow! :-)
  • Wish I was still in the philly burbs and would definitely love to check you guys out even though I'm a lead player. I played in PJ tribute band for about a year until egos got in the way. My last band where I played lead had about 15 PJ songs in the 50 or so songs in the catalog.

My buddy who I played with years back in Dissident is this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnZpIhCwtBk

He's in West Chester, PA and always looking to jam. An OK PJ fan but would rather play lead and I would bet he would play lead better than most guys in this forum (no offense really, he's that good). He also is a studio musicians for a few bands in the area...

I'm down in Rehoboth Beach now so if you guys ever make it down to the area in the summer, please let me know and allow me to take the 20 minute solo on Even Flow! :-)
    Thanks for the tip, but we've found our man. His name is Seth, a guy who expressed interest in our lead guitar position when it was vacant a few years ago, though the circumstances weren't manageable. That slot has been manned by Rob since May 2006. While your boy John in Philly is impressive, we're quite content with our own "McCready," as he can shred with the best of them.

Anyway, I'll try to remember to give you a heads-up if and when we get down to Delaware. (You can assure notification by joining our e-newsletter list at NoCodeJam.com.) Now that we've settled on a new lineup, we can focus our attention on traveling outside our immediate area. And who knows, by then maybe Rob will tire of the 20-minute "Even Flow"...

Tony
  • meme wrote:

...how about accompanying the band on road trips to serve as our official pasta-taster? We figure if anyone could gauge when the pasta is properly cooked al dente, it would be a real Italian! - Tony