drummers back me up here

dreadheaddreadhead Posts: 64
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
heh i just got off my kit and was just thinkin that drums really is a powerful and emotional instrument. most pple i know think that the guitar or singing is the only way that emotion can b conveyed, but man i think that drums can to. n i dont just mean angry and agressive. when im just playin with no one elese i just go w/ it watever happens happens n its awesome n i play watever emeotional state im in. dont know wat anyone else thinks u all prolly think im on acid or somethin but im just on a drummers high :)
"I wish I was Australian at home under the sun" Eddie- Perth 03
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    i may not be a drummer, but i totally agree with you. great drumming really sets the musics tone. every single instrument conveys emotion.
  • i play drums and gutair.....and i love drums so much more

im alot better at the drums but....even if i was as good at gutair i still dont think i would like it nearly as much

cuz in my band i play drums and me and the guys will mess around and ill get on the gutair and we'll jam and i just wanna like jump back on the drums lol

i have a tama swingstar(fusion) with paiste alpha 16" thin crash, paiste 502 18" crash and 12" splash, sabian xs high hat and ride, and a sabian chad smith signature 18" explosion crash.

my new toy.....chad smith pearl snare drum
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    If you feel that way, you're obviously playing the best instrument for you.
    Your happiness gave me such a beautiful mental image of someone physically and emotionally glowing. Nice. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • I couldnt agree more. I think that often the drummer controlls the band, more so than the guitar players. I mean look at a song like In My Tree:

When Irons played it it was way more organic and tribal - easy to groove to. But when they play the new version with Cameron, its more mellow, and it tends to drift around more. Not that its worse - just different.

They guitar parts are essentially the same, save a few changes and the new bridge, but the song has a totally different feel, all becasue of the drums.

Another good song to look at is RITFW, look at the way it was played circa 1992 and 1993 versus today, it has a totally different feel - largely because of the drums.

In both cases the drummer is clearly controlling the mood of the band.

Just my 2 cents
    "A new breed of people with their sudden wealth have stimulated pride and unrestraint in you, O Florence, made to weep so soon."

We Are All Palestinians.
  • i know xactly what you mean. sometimes drums can take emotional lead voices as well. listen to snail- smashing pumpkins, or savior- temple of the dog
    “ ahh…. Yaa…. If you trust me at all… if you wanna listen to me at all… which you certainly don’t have to. Speaking from experience I can tell you that things change. You could believe me, you don’t have to. They probably won’t change, unless you make them. The best way to change something around you, something you don’t like, is.. to change yourself. I don’t think you want other people changing you.. I think.. I think.. the only person you want changing you… is yourself. So if you ain’t happy…. If you’re reading magazines about generation x’s and thinking ‘ya im one of them’ well fuck that…. Don’t let anybody tell you who you are. No… No…. No one can tell me who I am. I can tell you who I am but that would be a long story… I can tell you who I am and it wouldn’t fit in a Rolling Stone…. It wouldn’t fit in a video… it wouldn’t… its my life…. Its your life. Youre the only one that knows who you are. I hope you know who you are. If you don’t know who you are, figure it out. Cause you are some body. And Im probably stating the obvious. But I just thought I would do it anyway. So if you fell like you got a piece of duct tape on your mouth, if you feel like you cant speak. Take it off, Speak up. Speak your Mind. Shout it Out. Let ‘em Hear Ya. Shout it out…… YAAA YAAAAA yAAAAAAAAAAA.” Eddie Vedder (Porch ’96 Randle Island 2)

10/22/03
    Ten, No Code, Vs., Yield, Riot Act, Vitalogy, Binaural

• i am drummer too and you are absolutely right i dont even know better feeling than the one i have when i am on stage and play a gig....

i have Ludwigs with dw hardware and paiste 17" full crash, old 18" Avedis light ride,14" Avedis hats and 16" china trash oriental...i am considering getting a bigger ride....
    me: www.myspace.com/mariomarcinek

my band: www.myspace.com/mofokillerain

official site: www.stonerock.sk
  • When I didn't know how to play the guitar, I used to think it's the Lead Guitarist who is everything. He was my God !
    Now that I know how to play, I have understood that the drummer is the most important guy. He provides you a rythm. Infact, if your drummer is good, and your rythm guitarist screws, he can still pick it up, if the rythm guitarist has any class at all.
    The drummer is the guy who holds together a band.
    My respect for the drummer is really immense.
    A Red Mosquito in my Rear View Mirror.