Acoustic/Electric

cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
edited January 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
Forgive me for being ignorant, but I've got soem stupid questions -

I'm in the market to buy an Acoustic/Electric...I love playing my current acoustic, much more than my Les Paul (call me crazy if you want) and I'm looking to buy an Acoustic/Electric to fool around with. I know Abanez makes pretty decent guitars and ther all maple AEF30E has caught my eye. Now my stupid questions...can you plug this into any old amp, basically...what are the advantages to buying an Acoustic amp? Also, do acoustic/electrics sound well not plugged in?

Thanks for putting up with me :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    sure you can plug into virtually any amp acoustic amps simply maximise the abilities of the specific types of pickups used in acoustics Ibanez makes decent geetars, and there is a sonic difference because of all that weight and mass right there in the sound hole on most Acoustic/Electrics with on board preamps. but I've never had a problem with it. They sound fine unplugged unless it is a thin body specifically designed for stage use only and limiting feedback.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.