Familiar with Gretsch

cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm looking into a Gretsch Pro Jet...my question is, what is the difference between the Electromatic's and the normal Solid Body's?

Anyoneh ave experience with Gretsch? Seems like a great company, and I know their tone is great...thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    this is something i've wondered lately..

Gretsch Electromatic got a genuinely fuckin great review in TotalGuitar mag this month...

it looked amazing and cost only £329... i want it :(
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    quality difference, think of the difference between the standard Fender guitars and the Americans.

I think the main Gretsch's are built in Japan and maybe the Electromatic are Korea. Both are good guitars, but the Japan models have actual filtron pickups and better wood hardware etc.... the electromatic pups are designed by TV Jones similar to pickups in other guitars labled "Duncan Designed"

Gretsch has some fine guitars, the Electromatic line is just kind of thier entry level line that's the cost difference.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.