Sorry for all the questions (Comp. related)

cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
edited February 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
What should the specs of my computer be to ensure the best recording possible?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cjb5790 wrote:
    What should the specs of my computer be to ensure the best recording possible?

hey CJ,

Just wonder, what method you chose for recording, this will also help me answer your q

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • When I recorded with my old band 4 years ago, we used a Boss digital workstation. It sounded terrible, but digital workstation technology has improved exponentially since then.

I plan on getting a nice 8 track recorded this summer rather than investing a pile of computer stuff. I hear it's easier to work with and it gets comparable results with a proper tube preamp.
  • cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    Well, from where I stand right now (I still have a lot of research to do!) but I'm gonna run a mixer through my computer and get exactly what I need, rather than buying a 16-track station that'll either give me more or less of what I need depending on the price.

But I will probably go with a 12-track mixer and that XLR Pre-amp you showed me.
  • cjb5790 wrote:
    Well, from where I stand right now (I still have a lot of research to do!) but I'm gonna run a mixer through my computer and get exactly what I need, rather than buying a 16-track station that'll either give me more or less of what I need depending on the price.

But I will probably go with a 12-track mixer and that XLR Pre-amp you showed me.

again, i really do not suggest this! i had it when i was more amatuer and it really is pain...Tascam and Zoom has some nice stuff, again this is just from my own personal experience, but i highly do not recommend it.

harrison

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19