Goin in a new direction!

cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
My life has been hectic, in mym ind atleast...I know I'm hypocritical, and that I'm getting annoying, but...I think instead of a Tele right now, I want a good acoustic (more practical now that I think about it)...I was thinking a Taylor 100, or a used Martin 15 series, what do you guys think...let's keep it under $500...thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hey dude,

I don't know if you have these in Ohio but back in like October I bought an Art & Lutherie acoustic, it's a division of Godin up here in Canada and I absolutley love it!!

http://www.godinguitars.com/

As soon as i picked it up I new I had to have it, it's looks and sounds beautiful.

The colour I went with was the "Sunrise"

http://www.guitarsuperstore.com/images/products/lrg_10471.jpg

I love it, you should look into those maybe :)

O ya, it was only $240 CDN coming out to $270 with taxes :D

Seriously check those out, great price for great guitars.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    Hey, thanks! Yeah, Ohio is pretty starved musically...I really need to get out and try some stuff but, until I get my license in a few months, I'm stuck at home! (yeah, I'm a youngster)

I was looking at Alvarez, and I've heard good things about Blueridge. I kinda wanna try an Ovation too...sure, it's made of plastic, but it's gotta have a very clean, very unique sound, no?
  • cjb5790 wrote:
    Hey, thanks! Yeah, Ohio is pretty starved musically...I really need to get out and try some stuff but, until I get my license in a few months, I'm stuck at home! (yeah, I'm a youngster)

I was looking at Alvarez, and I've heard good things about Blueridge. I kinda wanna try an Ovation too...sure, it's made of plastic, but it's gotta have a very clean, very unique sound, no?

I played this guy's Ovation at school and it was awesome!!!

I think they're a little pricey though.

If you can, see if a place near you can maybe order in an Art & Lutherie for you to try, or they may even have some, I'm not sure. :)
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • cjb5790cjb5790 Posts: 190
    I'll definitely look into those!

Ovations can get up there, I think the most expensive is $800, but they're pretty affordable...so it was good? Let's hear more!
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    I'd go for a used Tacoma DM28. A lot of guitar for under 500 bucks.
  • i just got a telecaster for christmas, i love it. taylor acoustics are also great, you're going in the right direction there. my friend's got one and it's great. i usually play an old classical guitar that i've had since I was thirteen, any other nylon aficionados here?