bass amps

evenflow1010evenflow1010 Posts: 48
edited September 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Ok, so here are the amps I am looking at buying. I was wondering if anyone had any input:

- Fender Bassman 100
- SWR LA12
- Beringer 120W (i dont know the name)

Also, Does anyone know of any other affordable amps at this power range?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    Originally posted by evenflow1010
    Ok, so here are the amps I am looking at buying. I was wondering if anyone had any input:

- Fender Bassman 100
    - SWR LA12
    - Beringer 120W (i dont know the name)

Also, Does anyone know of any other affordable amps at this power range?

I have the behringer bx1200 120W. I've had it for probably 1 & a half years and use it on a daily basis. At 50 pounds its not too difficult to carry around, but it can also easily compete with other elements of a garage band. To date it has had no incidents and sounds great; it has a good EQ and I love the kickback feature for practicing. Overall, I'm happy with the purchase because it was reasonably cheap & others in the price range I tested didn't have the same power as the bx1200.
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep
  • I'd stay away from Fender solid-state Bassman amps. The older tube amps under the Bassman name were great, but the new ones are terrible.

Peavey and Crate both make small combos in that price range... I used a Crate BX-100 (15" speaker, 100 watts) for a couple years, and it NEVER let me down. The SWR gear is great, but I've heard some horror stories about their economy gear breaking down.
    ...and if you don't like it, you can suck on an egg.
  • Peavey for sure.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • parchyparchy Posts: 205
    Originally posted by All Those Yesterdays
    Peavey for sure.

TKO 115.... never did me wrong once
    Make Movies. Don't make Videos. Videos are evil.
  • Originally posted by All Those Yesterdays
    Peavey for sure.

That was my first bass amp.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/