fender 5 string

evenflow1010evenflow1010 Posts: 48
edited March 2006 in Musicians and Gearheads
im looking for a good 5 string bass.

i see some crazy deals on ebay for MIM fenders. does anyone know how these fender basses play. i currently own a squier 4 string so anything would be better but i want something really good (reasonably priced too)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• umm anyone? help meeeeeee help meeeeee!!
  • get off ur ass and get to the closest store..or check em out on the fender site and then get the details and try and get it ordered thru a shop....
    Given To Fly

Lisboa, Pavilhão Atlântico, 4/9/06
    Lisboa, Algés, Oeiras Alive!, 8/6/07
  • Oh thanks. You know, I never thought of going to a store...What a genius idea!!! Wait. Nevermind I did think of that. I'm just looking for some input! You don't have to be a jerk about it. Usually that's what this board is for.
  • hey 1010,

try finding a used american one with the electronics still is great shape, its ceaper and you;ll be getting a nicer bass. I would definatelty look into some other brands to compare as well. Schecter makes some KILLER basses. Look around, and not being a jerk, if available locally just go plug a few in and ask questions to the hopefully knowledgable assistant, good luck in your purchasing!

HM

"how many people did die from that?...did P.Diddy kill them?" - Eddie Vedder 2006.02.19
  • im looking for a good 5 string bass.

i see some crazy deals on ebay for MIM fenders. does anyone know how these fender basses play. i currently own a squier 4 string so anything would be better but i want something really good (reasonably priced too)

I personally have never been a big five string fan. I owned a MIM 5 string Jazz a few years ago, and it was descent. Sold it after 6 months.

I too would try to find a used american made one from the past 5 years or so, the resale on those are low as can be, and you can snag one up that looks untouched for a descent amount.

Also suggest looking at used Musicmans, really desent bass's.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    yeah the MIM's are fine basses, especially if you spend the 40 or 50 bucks to let a luthier set it up for you, new strings and perfect action are nice for the feel.

I agree on the musicmans but they get expensive.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Thanks. I will get to the store sometime soon, it's just that I go to school 5 days a week, and the weekends are usually spent with my non-musician friends who would rather do other things soooo.. I'll get there eventually!