Advice for peavey classic 30

zulsliderzulslider Posts: 11
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
hello guys,

i just wondering if any of you guys have ever had or currently owned the peavey classic 30 amp. I just bought it recently and i want an opinion on how to make it sound like pearl jam. (i.e the setting, the effects, etc.. ) currently the effect that i have are the gcb-95 wah and DOD fx-90 analog delay. i'm thinking of getting myself a ts-9 tube screamer. So any of you guys have any idea. I'm also thinking of swapping the blue marvel peaker to a vintage celestion 30.

Another opinion i would like to ask u guys is about my guitar. I have this old ibanez SA160QM which i have never used because i bought myself the '60 LP. So i kinda miss my old guitar and i wanna try to mod the guitar. I wanna start out with the pickup. Any suggestion for a bluesy kinda sound =)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    i like mine with my mexi strat and the natural lead channel. sometimes i mess around wit my gsp 5 or rp 50 from digitech. but for songs with less dirt like wish list it is fine for me stock. i do have a ts-9 coming though by advice from this board.
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst
  • zulsliderzulslider Posts: 11
    can u give me any good setting that you have right now.
  • ski4ski4 Posts: 261
    pre at 10 to 12, post 3-4, bass about 1/2 way, mids at 11 o'clock a,d trebble at 1 or 2 o'clock it isn't exact but it is close enough for me
    "The only thing I ever saw that came close to Objective Journalism was a closed-circuit TV setup that watched shoplifters in the General Store at Woody Creek, Colorado." hst