Banjo strings - yeah yeah i know - hillbilly

ScissionScission Posts: 10
edited May 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Just wanted to see if anyone out there plays a bluegrass banjo (5-string for the uneducated) and if so what strings they've got on where - currently I've got light strings (09-20-13-10-09) Just started playing as I was told it was a lot harder to master the 3-pick technique than I thought (me being a smart-arse to an old bastard) and am finding he's right - any comments appreciated (even from the other smart-arses out there :D )
"So no one can hold the argument that we love AC/DC too much and it comes through in our music, because we know and we're proud of that."

"If you want to be underground – stay in the gutter."
Nick Cester - Jet
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mojorison_75mojorison_75 Posts: 157
    I don't play banjo, just wanted to say that I think banjo is pretty cool. Some of the most talented musicians in world are bluegrass players in my opinion.

Good music is good music. Rock on with thy banjo.
  • who's_pearljam?who's_pearljam? Posts: 2,104
    I have an old mastertone 5 string. I have tens on it. I don't play it much lately, but it is fun. My default song when I pull it out and sit down with it is the theme song from the Beverly Hillbillies:D

It is true, once you start with the 3 picks, you realize how kickass Earl Scruggs is.
    Nothing wrong with hillbilly. Hey man, every bluegrass band has guitars, too!
    Be kind, man
    Don't be mankind. ~Captain Beefheart