Alice In Chains - Rooster

durbandurban Posts: 18
edited March 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
Got drunk the other night and did a poor version of Rooster...

So check it out and slate it :)

Any feedback would be cool tho. Apologies if its the wrong forum but I got a load more to share / humour you with :)

Its short and I think I will be redoing it one day, and ignore the vocals I have no idea who it was singing the lyrics on that song lol!

:)

Oh and you probably have to right click and do a 'save as' as I aint set up the mime type properly yet...

http://www.badger-soft.com/downloads/rooster.mp3
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pretty good milhouse
    and haha the vocals.
  • durbandurban Posts: 18
    huh?

Erm thanks for the pretty good....but your humour has missed me completely! :)

M
  • hahaha it was just something off The Simpsons
    :) Fair enough dude, ignore me I was drunk...again...man this is becoming a bad habit!

:)
  • You're not playinng like you're drunk ; ) I'm digging the lead guitar.

Was this done in one take? What did you use to record it? Microphone or digitally?

There are no drums or bass, but this song doesn't really need them.. My only real beef with this cover is the sound breaking up at times.. but that's just the quality of the recording.

Great song... Rooster.

Edit: Oh and the singer is good.. I can hear he's got his own style developed.
    Bloody ell, thanks mate :)

Erm, it was done in two takes for the guitar, lead was one take and the vocals were just added on for the hell of it :)

I use cakewalk and I am still getting to grips with recording.

In cakewalk all the tracks come out pretty clean, but once I blend it to a wav they seem to distort...tried messing round with all sorts but still same effect...

Ok another one, but with completely crap lyrics...

http://www.dbnx.com/download/noexcuses.mp3

heh heh, dunno why I am picking on Alice in chains all of a sudden....the lyrics are really poor in this one, for some reason I couldn't hold a note but it was freezing in my house at the time...the quality of the final recording is a little better I think, but can't really tell (and it sounds 100 times better on headphones for some reason!)

M
    Oh and I am using a semi Acc guitar, straight into a Clean Line6 Pod, no effects other than slight reverb...then straight (from line out) into the PC soundcard (SB Audigy2) line in.

Simple but I am still sort of learning this recording thing.
    Ok another one, but with completely crap lyrics...

Oh bugger, sorry to reply again, but I meant crap vocals....AIC lyrics are fkin excellent....

Just wanted to make sure no-one 'Got me wrong' so to speak :)

M
  • M,
    Your covers are excellet. You just use cakewalk huh? A freind actually gave me cakewalk when he got something else and i am now tempted to install it and use it. Anyway howd you get the drumming in there?
    J
    Let it wash away
    All those yesterdays
    Aha Drumming is done in fruity loops (and oooold version) just output them to a Wav file and import it into cakewalk...

As long as you set the tempo in cakewalk to the tempo in Fruityloops then it all matches up spot on :)

I hate drums tho, I wish there was a quick way to do em, thats the part of the song that takes the longest!
  • Wow, those are really good.

<3 Alice in Chains