Total and utter BS

Survo-Survo- Posts: 72
edited February 2007 in Musicians and Gearheads
As if the title of my post doesn't sum up the normal end result of a session recorded using any equipment made by Tascam, I figure I'll let you in on something that just plagued me a few hours ago.

I have a DP-01FX (the effects model), and it's been sucking cheese since the day I bought it. However, it's lasted a whole year and 3 months before finally shitting the bed. Lucky me. Anyways, the problem I have encountered involves my recorder "freezing up" during the start-up. This is a huge problem because not only have I lost important recordings, most recently a cover of "King Nothing," but I have no way of being able to re-set the machine because in order to do so, I would need to access the file log in the recorder, which evidently requires the machine working properly. Makes sense, right? Thats Chinese engineering at it's finest.

This is a complete shot in the dark, but if anyone knows how I might be capable of fixing this problem, please send me something. I'm not even talking about restoring my recordings...they're pretty much as good as dead. I just want the recorder to re-set, or erase its memory in other words, so I can still use the damn thing.

Sorry for ranting, but you'd be pissed off too if your recorder screwed you while you slept.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Tascam has a reputation for recorders freezing up, buttons breaking, etc. Especially the 2488.
    Riverside.. LA.. California. EV?