Little Wing

ThirstThirst Posts: 5
edited February 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
A few days ago i found a live version of Little Wing, performed by PJ. it is fully instrumental, done on an acoustic guitar with metal strings. I have looked everywhere on the net, but i cant find the tabs to this song. Anyone who could help me out?

Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    http://www.giventowail.com doesn't have it, so chances are it doesn't exist... but welcome to the board. Always nice to see a fellow polderboer here ;)
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • My guess is that it is not really Pearl Jam . . . but some other artist. Where did you find it?
    Whips of your opinion down my back give me more

Jeff Buckley
  • hehhee, cool, what city ar ya from?
    anyway, thats not the matter... its supposedly a live version, and i clearly hear eddie vedder say at the end "thank you very much, it has been a great show, i look forward to perform in this city again".

*sighs*
  • pariahpariah Posts: 596
    There is a mention of it on GTW; it would be a show somewhere in '95 (is that possible?) but it isn't tabbed. Take a look: http://www.giventowail.com . Great tab site.
    Thirst: I'm from Waddinxveen, it's pretty much next to Gouda. It's a dull, dull town... :(
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • 62strat62strat Posts: 638
    the only time pearl jam has played little wing in its entirtiy is milwaukee july 9th 1995...i was there!!! fucking amazing if you ask me...

mikes done a few little wing tags at the end of ledbetter, alpine 03 he did...

other than that, pj hasnt done little wing...especially not acoustic...
  • strange... so some of you say it doesnt exist and some say it does and was fucking great? well it is in fact live, and from the nineties, dunno which year tho. Anyway, a friend of mine found it with an mp3 download program. *curse him, evil downloader muahahhaha*
    well to tell you are listening to little wing...

is it about 8 1/2 minutes long? they go into maggot brain, stone does the chord progression..chad smith fromt he peppers is on drums...

and he doesnt say anything about thanks, cant wait to play this city again...or whatever
  • its about that long. no vocals, semi-acoustic guitar, switches on to OD after a long time, and he DOES say cant wait blahblahblah
    well i wold say its not pearl jam, id have to hear it, but noone is aware of them playing it in its entirity since july 9 95..and there is no acoustic guitar.....uh, hell i dont know
    and there are vocals, eddie sings it....
  • Originally posted by 62strat
    the only time pearl jam has played little wing in its entirtiy is milwaukee july 9th 1995...i was there!!! fucking amazing if you ask me...

mikes done a few little wing tags at the end of ledbetter, alpine 03 he did...

other than that, pj hasnt done little wing...especially not acoustic...

I think I have it on my computer...... Who was drumming? Im sure I hear Ed speak and he says 'We have Chad on drums' or something and then he introduced it as maggot brain..... Im SURE its Ed and im SURE its McCready on lead, just his style. They then go inot an extended jam for like 7 minutes after the actual song but its followed on and the key is shifted like one semitone or something? is this the same show?
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
  • Originally posted by 62strat
    well to tell you are listening to little wing...

is it about 8 1/2 minutes long? they go into maggot brain, stone does the chord progression..chad smith fromt he peppers is on drums...

and he doesnt say anything about thanks, cant wait to play this city again...or whatever

ok, sorry, just saw this, my fault, answers everything:P
    ‘‘If somebody said to me, in twelve years you’ll be in a band with your brother and two carrot munching geezers who don’t like football I would have said fuck off, I’m not joining the Bee Gees.’’

Noel Gallagher
    "We have our friend chad playing drums, theyre gonna play something called maggot brain for ya...."

then they do little wing, at the first break down is where stone starts picking the guitar part for p funks maggot brain, then they jam on that for about 8 minutes r so...so its titled little wing/maggot brain...

its from milwaukee 95 july 9th, i was there...thats the only full version of little wing played b pj live...
  • u lucky bastard, that kicks arse...... I love it. Would have gone off something chronic!

Noel Gallagher
  • K, I have a little scrap of info that takes it all to a higher level of bizarreness...
    According to my discman, it is from a cd called "live-CCCC-06nov99
    LOL
    I think im gonna be stuck on this forever

*edit* Check Kazaa for the file... it's Pearl jam with Little wing, live, according to kazaa...the file is quite large, for its about 8.5 minutes long, the file name is "8-little wing.mp3"
    dont believe anything you get off kaza or any file downloading program..

they did not play little wing in 99 thats for sure...
  • rickprickp Posts: 219
    Originally posted by pariah
    http://www.giventowail.com doesn't have it, so chances are it doesn't exist... but welcome to the board. Always nice to see a fellow polderboer here ;)

i just havent uploaded it. havent really been around the pj world lately for personal reasons so i'll get around to putting it up sometime.

oh yeah, it's the whole thing.
  • MONKEYNUTSMONKEYNUTS Posts: 114
    MONKEYNUTS HAS A cd wid daT soNg on. its fekiN amaziN
    62strat was there
  • MONKEYNUTSMONKEYNUTS Posts: 114
    MONKEYNUTS SAYS 62 STRAT WIns wid dat 1
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'