Music programs

JoeJoe Posts: 25
edited December 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I want a music program that allows me to record a rhythm then overdub a bass and lead on top of it. I presume there's a few different programs that do that, so basically which one is the best? Thanks.
Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: "Fire Walk With Me." We lived among the people - I think you say convenience store? We lived above it. I mean it like it is, like it sounds. My name is Mike. His name is BOB.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pariahpariah Posts: 596
    You want a free program or some Pro software? For a free program, I use N-track; it's shareware and you can get it at download.com i believe. Gets the job done.
    "Until you realize the importance of the banana king, you will know absolutely nothing about the human-interest things of the world."
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Get a multi-track recorder.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Listen to BinFrog...he knows what he's talking about.
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • mccreadyisgodmccreadyisgod Posts: 6,395
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Originally posted by nailz100
    Listen to BinFrog...he knows what he's talking about.

Not all the time ;)
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • JoeJoe Posts: 25
    Cheers all.
    Through the darkness of futures past, the magician longs to see. One chants out between two worlds: "Fire Walk With Me." We lived among the people - I think you say convenience store? We lived above it. I mean it like it is, like it sounds. My name is Mike. His name is BOB.
  • while we're on this subject, i'm skint so can't afford a fourtrack, plus my computer is crap are there any programs that don't require much ram?

any help would really be appreciated

actually i got N-track working woohoo! but i need help! for some reason when i record over my first track the sound gets incredibly loud! please help!
    For every tool they lend us...
  • anOmisanOmis Posts: 223
    Anyway, the most popular and widely used multitrack recorder by small time artists including myself is Cool Edit Pro. And the most used version is 2.0. You can get some really really nice recordings from it. It's pretty easy to get use to. It also has shitloads upon shitloads of effects and filters and things that you can use on your recording. I've been using it for around 2 years now probably and it still holds up.

So yeah..Cool Edit Pro 2.0 should do you.

If you have Kazaa or Soulseek, I would download one that has a crack and password and that should show you how to install it. You will most likely end up registering it under the name "Peter Quistgard."

Hope I helped.
    ~~dont mind yer make up, just make up yer mind~~

~~its better to be hated for who you are than be loved for who you are not~~

F.ZAPPA
  • ripkidripkid Posts: 67
    i am using a Cubase VST. it's a great program and it gives a professional sound quality. check it out if you can
    cheers
    live to win
  • dylandylan Posts: 4
    n track studio is easy and fun to use
  • Do you have a pro-quality soundcard? Many of them come with bundles of software. I got the M-audio Firewire 410, and it came with Ableton Live (a slimmed down version) as well as Reason (also slimmed down) and a few other programs. All for $300.