Where to go next??

BertieBertie Posts: 6
edited June 2004 in Musicians and Gearheads
I've been playing rhythm for quite a while now, and I can play barre chords, major triads, power chords all to a giggable standard. However I still feel there is a lot of work i need to do. However I don't know what techniques I should be learning. Should I start learning to solo, (which i cannot do to save my life) or is there something more that rhythm guitarists should be able to do?

Any help is apreciated

Also suggestions of moderate to advanced rhythm parts for me to practice and suitable tabs would be useful.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• djyman15djyman15 Posts: 181
    start lerning scales to solo, starting with minor pentatonic. You can also get cool single note rhythm riffs once you learn this (see Do the Evolution)
    "Even if your heart would listen, I doubt I could explain"-Jimmy Eat World
  • nailz100nailz100 Posts: 1,176
    Yeah, I would start working on penatonic scale....Major penatonics. You should be able to get these off the internet if you don't know them. One thing for me when I was learning is to practice keeping your fingers as close to the strings as possible when playing the scales (ALL YOUR FINGERS). The closer your fingers are to the strings...the less time it will take you to the next note. Start out slow...and as you progressively get better, you'll find you can play alot faster when your other fingers are close to the strings. As far as rhythm goes....have you ever worked on singing and playing at the same time? Maybe that could be your next challenge?
    Only with our eyes closed can we truly see
  • PJJC6203PJJC6203 Posts: 40
    Arppegios?
    "Life Is one crushing defeat after another,until you just wish Flanders was dead!"
    -Homer J.Simpson